WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this 6309 real or fake? I think it had some refurb done to it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Refurb doesn't make it fake. Is a restored '65 Mustang fake?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
First of all, the cushion case 6309 never came with a pepsi bezel insert. Some people replace the original one with a pepsi inset, but this aftermarket bezel insert is not a really good one (12 o'clock pip and fonts etc...). The hands and dials are also not really good ones. The crystal is either over polished or aftermarket also.

My very first 6309 I got a very long time ago had a wrong movement inside, so you might want to check that out too.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Is this confirmed? The Seiko divers reference still mentions a possible original pepsi 6309.
I wish I had known that before. I had one before w/correct Seiko pepsi insert w/ appropriate wabi. I bought it from an original owner and he told me nothing had been replaced. But, I sold it as I was told the insert was replaced @ SCWF a very long time ago.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Aftermarket parts. I don't like the insert, don't mind an AM one but I think the one like this is better. Notice the font on the number 1 at the 10 ;-)

This is not an original pepsi 6309, i replaced the bezel with a pepsi one :-d

Reactions: hiro1963

·
Registered
59 Posts
Everything aftermarket, This would be another `firefly` lash up, the ebay seller buys all their watches under the name voodoo76 from philipines sellers like restoredwatches and watchcooking who quite rightly mention the parts of the watches that are new/aftermarket and then resells them in the UK leaving out all mention of aftermarket parts even though they are certainly aware of the fact, they seem to be getting huge sums of money for them, even more than all original examples in most cases because so many people are nervous about buying watches from asia, their feedback does show that the buyers are happy though, I supose ignorance really is bliss in some circumstances.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is from firefly. I asked about him in another thread. Are there any reliable sellers on ebay for some decent shaped 6309 Seiko watches that aren't all aftermarket?
Everything aftermarket, This would be another `firefly` lash up, the ebay seller buys all their watches under the name voodoo76 from philipines sellers like restoredwatches and watchcooking who quite rightly mention the parts of the watches that are new/aftermarket and then resells them in the UK leaving out all mention of aftermarket parts even though they are certainly aware of the fact, they seem to be getting huge sums of money for them, even more than all original examples in most cases because so many people are nervous about buying watches from asia, their feedback does show that the buyers are happy though, I supose ignorance really is bliss in some circumstances.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd stick with forum based sales sections, they are far more truthful in their descriptions in my experience

1 - 12 of 12 Posts