WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few months I have aquired three Breitling watches. All were purchased as pre-owned, but in excellent "like new" condition. I posted one here, but have had all three verified by a local authorized dealer. Overall, I am very pleased with them. My big question though is regarding accuracy. I have noticed that all three tend to loose 15-20 seconds per week. This bugs the crap out of me. Is this normal and I just need to get over it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Which models are they?

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes, it's quite normal for mechnical watches. cosc chronometer specs are: -4 to +6 sec/day.
i regret that i'm unable to give you a more positve feeback, but i recommend breitling superquartz warmly to you, if precision is your main requirement.
for quartz-chronometers cosc specs are max. ±0,07 sec/day. superquartz is known for average out +/- 10 sec. per year.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Definitely normal. that works out to 2-3 seconds a day which is not bad at all. My best advice is if you set the time monthly, just set it ahead by 30-45 seconds so that you will have pretty accurate time the whole month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts