WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for a simple design about 40mm sized watch. I want a manual wind mechanical movement vintage style and stainless steel construction. I am wearing to work, and prefer not to spend a lot.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
How about a Seiko 5? They are very affordable and very reliable!

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Stuhrling and their susidiary, Akribos, sells the kind of styles you may be looking for. Check out their website to get an idea of what kinds of styles may interest you~good luck! ;-)

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "really affordable", but they don't get any more affordable than this (suggestion: hang out in the Affordables forum).

Here are some choices (I love it when I can show off my El Cheapos!):

The "Classic" $60.00 automatic:

The $50.00 manual:

The $50.00 skeleton manual:

The $35.00 "Complication" automatic:

The $60.00 24 hour manual:

The $89.00 automatic:

Or go all out with the $240.00 "expensive" manual:

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
PM sent. :-!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Get a Vostok. Russian.

40mm, manual wind, ~$50 on Ebay.

By vintage, do you mean dress/classic style, and not diver etc?
Better yet go to the russian watches subforum and check the list of sellers of Russian watches .I recommend you get a new Kommandirskie .If you shop around you can do better than fifty dollars brand new.Or if you have someone who can get one for you HMT (In India) makes nice mechanical watches.Also they are even less expensive than russian mechanicals.Also Orient three star watches can be had for around fifty dollars.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Go for an HMT watch... they are built in India with the same movements Citizen designed in 60s-70s and the same design of that years... they are vintage watches but brand new and very affordable.
HMT watches are available trough Indian WUSers and sometimes on ebay. ;-)

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,056 Posts
Also Orient three star watches can be had for around fifty dollars.
I really love my Three Stars...available in lots of colours and extremely dependable with nice details.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts