WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this watch the other day by happenstance and was amazed that for as many countless hours I've spent looking at watches, I had never seen this one before. I happen to have been looking at photo's of Rolex's recently so maybe it's that I have seen this watch but it just never stuck with me until seeing the pics of the Explorer ll. It's possible.

Anyway, it got me wondering, how many other really close look-alike's are there that I may have not noticed? I really like the looks of the Explorer ll and already have an Invicta that I like so I'm open to the idea of purchasing this one, especially considering how reasonably priced it is. I'm actually blown away that Rolex is letting them get away with such an obviously close "homage" :-d

So if anyone feels like sharing photo's of any watches that stand out in the mind as being really close to the original, I'm interested to see. All brands welcome, I'm not looking at Rolex specifically, this just happened to be one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh yeah, look-alike homages are really common. The Rolex Submariner is perhaps the most 'homaged' watch out there, but there are many more. The Rolex Datejust is another one, as are models from Omega and other manufacturers. Invicta offers homages for several classic watches. I'm not sure how these homage manufacturers get away with building a virtual replica except for the name on the dial, but I suspect there's a fine line between an homage and a fake and they're careful not to cross it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts