WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this at the local dealer and just had to get it... The white dial with the red bezel... The Vancouver LE.

I just couldn't resist this one

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Congratulations on your new Vancouver, DD! :-!

I think this one is destined to be a most coveted SMP due to a couple of factors other than the stunning beauty of the lacquered white dial and red anodized bezel. First, only 2010 pieces were produced and included within this number are both 41 and 36mm versions. Secondly, Omega has no more in stock and AD inventories are depleting rapidly.

As for a wrist shot, here's mine:

Fr. John†

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations on your new Vancouver, DD! :-!

I think this one is destined to be a most coveted SMP due to a couple of factors other than the stunning beauty of the lacquered white dial and red anodized bezel. First, only 2010 pieces were produced and included within this number are both 41 and 36mm versions. Secondly, Omega has no more in stock and AD inventories are depleting rapidly.

As for a wrist shot, here's mine:

Fr. John†
Thanks Fr. John :) The dial is really something to see in real life!

I thought they made 2010 in each size... Well, this makes it even rarer than I thought.

BTW... Just added another shot to my original post above

My CR-PO will get some rest now :)

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I thought they made 2010 in each size... Well, this makes it even rarer than I thought.
I stand corrected, DD. It is 2010 pieces in each size. I had been told that it was 2010 total but I just read the Omega Press Release which confirms 2010 each.

But that does not change the fact that Omega has no more in inventory. Our fAD has had to snatch up Vancouvers from other ADs to satisfy his demand.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
Great pics, this watch is growing on me the more I see it... and not just because I'm Canadian ;-) One question though; does anyone think it a bit odd that they chose to make a Seamaster the LE for the winter Olympics? By that I mean there are no water sports (unless you count frozen water). I'm no expert on Omega's history in this area, just wondered if this had occurred to anyone else.

Cheers,
HBL

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Great pics, this watch is growing on me the more I see it... and not just because I'm Canadian ;-) One question though; does anyone think it a bit odd that they chose to make a Seamaster the LE for the winter Olympics? By that I mean there are no water sports (unless you count frozen water). I'm no expert on Omega's history in this area, just wondered if this had occurred to anyone else.
Now that you mention it, would not a Speedmaster with white lacquered dial and red anodized bezel been more appropriate?

Fr. John†

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
Now that you mention it, would not a Speedmaster with white lacquered dial and red anodized bezel been more appropriate?

Fr. John†
That was kind of what I was thinking... but I don't know what Omega's philosophy is on such things. But more importantly I don't want to take away from a stunning watch in commemoration of a great games regardless :-!

Enjoy it,
HBL

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Beautiful piece. Can we get more pics? Some wrist shots perhaps?
We love pics here!

Wear it in good health. :-!
Here are another couple of shots, with the wrist shot as promised :)

Havent really had the time to get shooting this watch. Hope the phone shots are good enough for now :) Just like the first two.

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
If anyone is really that interested, there are two - one in each size - in the window at the Omega Boutique in the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. However, I really can't believe they could be in that short supply. Especially, with a total of 4020, if you count both sizes. 4020 does not a Limited Edition make in my eyes.
I suppose my chest should be swelling with pride because I am a Vancouverite, but the design of that watch leaves me cold. But that's just my opinion, they must have done it right if they really are that popular.
Cheers,
Carl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts