WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's the thing, I have a quartz Seiko, two tone with sapphire glass 100m, very functional.
My other watches are a Seiko Alpinist SARB017 on Colareb Spoetto dark brown strap, and a Seiko SKX013 on a Hirsch Robby (ha! almost half the cost of the watch!).

So, I have 'land - watch' covered (the alpinist) and 'water - watch' covered (the skx)

all I need is a nice dress watch. now the Seiko does ok, it looks neat and slides under the cuff nice, but at some point its gonna run out of battery and I think a nice eco drive could sit on the dresser, charging itself for the next 25 years or so, waiting for those few occasions when I need a dress watch.

any suggestions?

(yes I could just get the battery replaced, but where's the fun in that?!)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have the black dial rose gold color case version, very nice. But mind you, Eco-Drives (and other solar watches) want more than sitting on a dresser, they want a sunny window sill every now and then and preferably actual outside sunlight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.diveshoponline.co.uk/acatalog/z_Citizen%20ep6000-07h%20front.jpg

cheers for the advice guys. I went totally off menu and bought this. not a dress watch! but eco drive. its my sports / beater. it sits on a shelf facing the morning sun and gets worn when I play badminton. I have 7.5" wrist but I don't care its small. I want it small and light. 300m WR!! incredible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts