WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
to see how it was...I'm impressed. Usually no quartz Chinese made watches around, so Rex Scates had the Semdu Chinese company install a Japanese quartz movement in this men's gold rose midsized 35mm model.

I have already the Seagull ST16 M177S, the 1963 mil model, and the variant ST1901, so this Chinese made quartz was a pleasant surprise. Very dressy and elegant and usually meant for evening wear, the watch is light and thin and quite rich looking. Pared down to essential time keeping, the watch has only hour and minute hands, no date/day window, nor hour numbers.
The leather strap is a gorgeous Oxblood red color, 18mm lug width and a signed Semdu clasp.

At the pricepoint for this watch, how can one lose!?:-d

Caseback sticker still on it! Watch comes in a presentation box and a credit card style guarranty ...

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,174 Posts
Not my usual taste but it's elegant and--as you noted--classically simple.

I *love* the "China Made" in English and Chinese characters and I wish more companies would do that!

Nice catch.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Quartz is NOT my thing,
But I have to say this is quite a nice dress watch,
and indeed I also like the chinese made in both characters!

nice day,
RJ van Melle.

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I came very close to ordering this exact watch this weekend, but finances just weren't co-operating. Oh well maybe in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I came very close to ordering this exact watch this weekend, but finances just weren't co-operating. Oh well maybe in a couple of weeks.

Rich, it won't take much savings to buy into this puppy! haha! The cost is actually non-reflective of the quality one gets with the quartz model IMO. That is, sapphire crystal, Japanese quartz movement decent leather strap and a one year warranty. I mean, even here in Japan, you cannot find this kinda of quality/combination in the Casio and Citizen range!!! :-d

·
Registered
633 Posts
It doesnt look it but it must be only gold plated, correct?

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesnt look it but it must be only gold plated, correct?
Oh yes, for sure...gold plated...not sure how long it will last...but then it is for short time wearing, as in more formal, dressy occasions...I have older vintage Seiko gold plated watches (Bellmatics for instance) showing wear of course...:-d......I seem to recall that the average, normal platings are around 5 microns thick...if that means anything to us! haha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts