WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The receptionist gave me something to smile about before I head out to work this morning.

After waiting for ages, I have finally received my Men in Yellow frogman!
It's in excellent condition - apart from some minor scratches here and there on the bezel, and some minor discolouration on the band.
What can I say? It's been 14 years, so I was not expecting a spotless frogman anyway.
I quickly snapped some pictures of it at work - yes, I did unwrap it as quickly as possible and put it on my wrist before going to work :)
So now that I have the DW-8250Y-9T, the question is, should I move on and get both the men in yellow fisherman and rise man.. decision decision:think:

*Apologies for some of the out-of-focus shots.
*both the back and the mineral crystal of this watch are in spotless condition - the back appears somewhat smudgy because I've been wearing it the whole morning :p

1.jpg
DSC00532.jpg
DSC00525.jpg
DSC00535.jpg
DSC00534.jpg

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Re: Received a yellow bomb this morning before heading out for work

wow...great looking watch. How long do the batteries in those things last for? Also, yellow fisherman you should definitely get. And as for the yellow riseman, I didn't even know they made one of those. I'll have to look that one up. Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanks
I am not sure about the battery life, but based on my understanding, probably 2 years or so.
Hopefully the previous owner didn't play with the electro luminescence too much :)

As for the Men in Yellow Riseman, have a look at this link:
DW-9100YJ-9T - G-SHOCK - »þ·× - ¸Ä¿Í¸þ¤±À½ÉÊ - CASIO

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

Oh wow, one of the old school risemans, nice. Never seen one of these in person, I imagine they're quite bulky. but that wouldn't turn me away. I think it's a rad looking old school piece.

thanks
I am not sure about the battery life, but based on my understanding, probably 2 years or so.
Hopefully the previous owner didn't play with the electro luminescence too much :)

As for the Men in Yellow Riseman, have a look at this link:
DW-9100YJ-9T - G-SHOCK - »þ·× - ¸Ä¿Í¸þ¤±À½ÉÊ - CASIO

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks a lot.
Maybe I should order a GF-8250-9 so that I could wear a yellow frog without worrying about ruining it
Just order the resin from the GF version and put it on this one (beater resin). Better looking and nicer module IMO. It'll look sorta like this:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to do this, but then the tough solar marking is too much for me to handle... if only I could change it to electro luminescence

1 - 12 of 12 Posts