WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my DW-6800 today !

After I unpacked the watch, I thought the watch is as described.
The condition is really great.
All functions work.
Only the module/display is a little crooked.

But after I removed the strap from the case I see this o|
The o-ring is squeeze out under the caseback (right side). In addition, the caseback was screwed upside down.

I opened the caseback and saw other stupid things. :-|

The watch was assembled totally wrong.
What a fool, without any skills.

I put all the parts back correctly.

Except the o-ring. This was too large and not the right.
I ordered a new one.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Once you get it back together with the right gasket it should be an awesome gshock. I had a dw6800 years ago when they first came out. I still have the owners manual which means I probably sold the watch to one of my friends cause I no longer have it, and I think it was before the internet went public.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
awesome G, I like the look of it, are you gonna convert it to negative display ? LOLz

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Sadly, i have seen that quite some times on used G´s i bought that were advertised with fresh batteries.
Once i even got some "spare screws on a DW-002 or three which showed to be left out in the reassembly...

Since those experiences i porefer a G with a dies battery over one with a freshly installed one...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
That sort of things usually happen when people themselves change batteries or take them to the watchsmith who doesn't care much about the watch.

It's good you were able to put everything back to its place, looks great now. The resin also looks good, seems like previous owner didn't use it much.

Enjoy wearing it, nice find :)

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
Great story |>

This is the first time I saw a working G-shock with the O-ring partly visible :D

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
That's why i'm lately a solar powered junkie. Since they don't require battery replacement, there is also a much smaller chance something will be wrong with it due to bad assembly...

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome G, I like the look of it, are you gonna convert it to negative display ? LOLz
Thanks,

negative display ? - no, never ;-)

Since those experiences i porefer a G with a dies battery over one with a freshly installed one...
You are right, but sometimes you have no choice. ;-)

That sort of things usually happen when people themselves change batteries or take them to the watchsmith who doesn't care much about the watch.

It's good you were able to put everything back to its place, looks great now. The resin also looks good, seems like previous owner didn't use it much.

Enjoy wearing it, nice find :)
Thank you Crater.

I mean so stupid you can not be. The watch to assemble that way.o|

But all is well.:-!

Great story |>

This is the first time I saw a working G-shock with the O-ring partly visible :D
Is also my first time:-d

That's why i'm lately a solar powered junkie. Since they don't require battery replacement, there is also a much smaller chance something will be wrong with it due to bad assembly...
That's right.
But furthermore I prefer battery powered G-Shock's.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks good now sir! This happened to me once years ago when I bought a vintage dw-5900 on the "bay." The first thing I noticed was there was no sound when pressing the buttons, and then I checked the alarm and it was silent as well. Looking at the back of the watch I could see the back plate was upside down....which is why she was silent...the spring was not contacting the back plate correctly.

When opening her up I then could see the o-ring was mashed up and totally incorrect. I assume several sellers stick in a fresh battery, and quickly throw the guts back in, screw the plate on, and just let it ride! If a seller has a G that I am interested in, I ask for good pics of the back of the watch (good close ups) and even then you never know what you will get when it arrives.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
You mean they don't require battery replacement "as often"... ;-)
Just want it to be clear here, as there are people new to G-Shocks who still buy the hype "never needs a battery" on solar G-Shocks, which is patently false.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You mean they don't require battery replacement "as often"... ;-)
Just want it to be clear here, as there are people new to G-Shocks who still buy the hype "never needs a battery" on solar G-Shocks, which is patently false.
Absolutely. There's no such thing as an inexhaustible battery.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
Haha, you are correct but Casio isn't the sole company to use that slogan, we also see that stuff on Citizel, Seiko watches...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts