WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been eyeing this specific Royal Oak for a little while now because of the moonphase complication, which I find contrasts against the fairly industrial looking Genta design nicely.

The only thing that was holding me back a little initially was the fact that it's 36mm. After trying a 37mm RO out in Vegas at the boutique there though, I felt totally fine going with the 36mm. The watch tends to wear a little larger anyways just because of the case design and my wrist is a little small anyways.

The moonphase is gorgeous in-person and I'm always surprised by how much light the bracelet/case bounce around!

The only two things I'm not big on with this watch are:

1. The break in the tapisserie pattern in the center of the subdials. IMO it's a little jarring and I don't really like the way AP does this on any of their models.

2. Blue indicators and hands would have looked much better. I like the gold, but it looks kind of dated and a little busy. Not bad at night, but definitely a little much during the day.

Ended up buying this from WatchBox and they were good to deal with. Played ball on pricing, shipped quickly, and threw in some nice freebies. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again if they have something I want.

Anyways, here are some quick shots with my Google Pixel. I don't have my DSLR with me right now unfortunately as I'm in the wrong country.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats on the new RO! Your worries about the size appear to be unfounded, as that is perfectly sized for your wrist. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
Nifty, enjoy!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts