WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
~ I took a long walk today in Midland, Texas in direct midday sunshine.

The silver dial on the STOWA Antea Back to Bauhaus 355 Limited Silver shown as never before.

In my limited experience and ignorance, I hadn't realized that full sunshine would accentuate the silvery quality of the dial.

It was a welcome reminder of the quality which goes into STOWA timepieces.

Tom K.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
~ In late Autumn and early Winter of 2020 several STOWA timepieces were ordered.

The first three STOWA models I'd received were so pleasing that it seemed best to order several more from the skilled craftsmen in the Black Forest.

Unexpectedly my university teaching career of more than two decades was ended due to policy changes by the authorities in mainland China.

After being repatriated to the United States, may circumstances remained unsettled until fairly recently.

During the half a year of working through reverse culture shock a long-time friend stored the STOWA shipments for me.

Last week I asked him to ship them to me in West Texas, where I now live and will resume teaching next week.

Three STOWA watches arrived this afternoon, with another expected tomorrow.

Following are images of the consolidated shipments, as received.

As before, the quality of STOWA workmanship is exemplary.

Tom K.

Fedex Box

Watch Band Box

Two Watch Bands

Protected in Paper

STOWA Box

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
~ An Antea 1919 White was ordered as the dial is particularly well-suited for timing classroom activities.

On a wheel in the display case STOWA engraved the silhouette of a bear which I'd drawn, as well as the name ARCTURUS.

This refers to the large red-orange star ⍺-Boötes, or Arcturus, which was anciently regarded as being the Guardian of the Bear, i.e. the constellation Ursa Major, due to its apparent proximity in the night sky.

Antea 1919 White in Box

Antea 1919 White

Antea 1919 White Reverse

Bear and ARCTURUS

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
~ A Marine Classic 40 Bronze with a silver dial was ordered.

STOWA graciously agreed to prepare a hand-winding version.

On a wheel in the display case is engraved a wave petroglyph found east of Teahupo'o on the southern coast of Tahiti Iti, as well as the word Tahiti!

As my life has had a particular affinity for Tahiti, this STOWA model's understated maritime look attracted me.

Marine Classic 40 Bronze in Box

Marine Classic 40 Bronze with a Silver Dial

Thermally-blued Hands

Bronze Case

Tahiti!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts