WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
~ As the other STOWA watches ordered had all been hand-wound and had no date, it seemed best to order a model with a different configuration.

A Prodiver Olymp was ordered in 2020, without any notion that it would eventually reach me while the 2020 Tokyo Olympics were being held in July, 2021.

The titanium case, rotating bezel, and high quality lime were desirable features when the ordered was contemplated.

To personalize the watch, a photograph of a Leopard, which I'd taken in central Kenya, was engraved on the back of the case with the binomial nomenclature for Leopard, i.e. Panthera pardus.

My career in Field Ecology centered around Leopards, whose predominant color tones are in a general sense similar to the watch.

The relatively light mass of the titanium case has been a pleasant surprise, as is the snug fit of the rotating bezel.

This model is likely to see practical duty in shallow ponds while observing wildlife. The bright bezel may pick up light in the murky waters.

Prodiver Olymp in Box

Prodiver Olymp

Prodiver Olymp and Black Strap

Prodiver Olymp Side View

Panthera pardus Engraving

Movable Bezel

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
~ STOWA quality and craftsmanship exceeds all of my expectations.

Wearing these in the field and in the classroom will be a great pleasure.

Tom K.

STOWA Timepieces

·
Registered
825 Posts
Very nice! I love my Stowas. Only ever flipped one, a Seatime, and that was to get a Prodiver instead. I'm glad I got my initials engraved on one of the gears on my Antea Klassik...makes it all the more special.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Beautiful watches (especially the Prodiver!). The customization that Stowa offers is amazing, and now I am looking more into one for myself! Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
~ Oops!

Not high quality lime, but rather high quality lume.

Last night it shown with pleasing clarity.

The moderate case size and light weight are such a pleasant surprise.

I'm 191 cm. so that this size timepiece wears well.

Tom K.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
~ The fourth STOWA watch to arrive this week was an afternoon delivery.

It's the seventh STOWA timepiece of those ordered in 2020.

A small watch with Roman numerals had long been in my mind.

STOWA's Marine Classic 36 Roman in a hand-winding version was ideal.

It was personalized to reflect my career's working visits to Venice, Italy.

The term Venezia was placed on a wheel with a fleuron ❧, or hedera, in recognition of Aldus Manutius, the founder of the Aldine Press in Venice.

The small watch runs very well, another example of STOWA quality.

Tom K.

Marine Classic 36 Roman in Box

Marine Classic 36 Roman

Marine Classic 36 Roman Thermally-blued Hands

Venezia ❧

Marine Classic 36 Roman Display Back

·
Registered
281 Posts
~ As the other STOWA watches ordered had all been hand-wound and had no date, it seemed best to order a model with a different configuration.

A Prodiver Olymp was ordered in 2020, without any notion that it would eventually reach me while the 2020 Tokyo Olympics were being held in July, 2021.

The titanium case, rotating bezel, and high quality lime were desirable features when the ordered was contemplated.

To personalize the watch, a photograph of a Leopard, which I'd taken in central Kenya, was engraved on the back of the case with the binomial nomenclature for Leopard, i.e. Panthera pardus.

My career in Field Ecology centered around Leopards, whose predominant color tones are in a general sense similar to the watch.

The relatively light mass of the titanium case has been a pleasant surprise, as is the snug fit of the rotating bezel.

This model is likely to see practical duty in shallow ponds while observing wildlife. The bright bezel may pick up light in the murky waters.

View attachment 16028547

Prodiver Olymp in Box

View attachment 16028548

Prodiver Olymp

View attachment 16028551

Prodiver Olymp and Black Strap

View attachment 16028554

Prodiver Olymp Side View

View attachment 16028557

Panthera pardus Engraving

View attachment 16028559

Movable Bezel
Hi Tom, I really enjoyed reading these posts and your joy and enthusiasm is clear to see. I love how you made each one personal and relevant to your story. Great Prodiver, and fantastic engraving on that one! I’m sure you won’t stop there… so keep ordering and sharing ;-)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Dog Eye Carnivore Liver Dog breed

~ Diji to Tom: “What do you see in those round little ticking machines? They don't look edible.”

61 - 72 of 72 Posts