WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
One thing nice about GShocks are that they are plenty about, and sometimes the used ones at flea markets can be had for decent prices. Here are a couple I picked up: a Foxfire DW-6900 and a G-Lide DW-9000.
Both have been re-fitted with non-original straps.
casio GShocks_1.jpg
Lee:-d

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sjors, you right...!
Also here in Italy it is impossible to find G's on the flea market.. I go often to sunday market here in Venento region, but no chanche to find old or new G's on the desk of some vendors...

:-(

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Schirra,

I have heard of flea markets and garage sales in the US where you sometimes can find DW-5200C's and DW-5600C's for scratch... I don't know for Germany (where a lot of people wore G-Shock's a few years ago), but for the rest of Europe I can't imagine to find old digitals. Probably eBay has taken the place of flea markets for most of these items.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah Sjors... eBay take it all!
I must be grateful to ebay, cause alla my collection (apart 2/3 pieces) come from this auction site!

But I remember when I was collecting older Airfix model kits and toy soldiers... and I going reach them all over the region in very small flea market... what emotion to find a rare box for 5 €!!!! Now it's impossible to do, the only watch I have find in a flea market about two months a go was an automatic Omega Constellation, very classic and nice watch, wiht a rare band... it was a very good bargain for 245€ (and the seller - a russian guys - make me a discount for a very nice field jacket from 156 english army!)

:)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Ha ha Schirra,

I had luck a few years ago. I have a Marklin model train of the late 70's with special rails. I was on a fleamarket near my parents and I found two boxex filled to the rim with rails. I have once lay nearly all the tracks in our living room with Bram, filling it completely. I paid €10.- for it. It was worth at least 10x more.

I also looked for old vinyls in the past, but I stopped DJ-ing 8 years ago. Now I have an attick filled with crates of vinyl...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Nice story Sjors!

My brothers also is a vinyl records collector, he have thousand of old jazz, latin, rare grooves and library rare records in his flat!

He like's records as we like G's! And him also was a DJ's, now he's play only in special events and in special clube when they like and appreciate very high quality music!

http://jazzmotel.blogspot.com/

The blog of my brothers!

|>

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi Schirra,

I have heard of flea markets and garage sales in the US where you sometimes can find DW-5200C's and DW-5600C's for scratch... I don't know for Germany (where a lot of people wore G-Shock's a few years ago), but for the rest of Europe I can't imagine to find old digitals. Probably eBay has taken the place of flea markets for most of these items.

Cheers,

Sjors

Ther all over the place in summer here Sjors called garage sales and then we have year round indoor flea markets ! I here in England they call a garage sale a TRUNK sale ! ...I love to look at garage sales in the summer I have found some amazing deals on things !! :-!

·
Registered
133 Posts
come to america.. you find G's all over the place. in the street, on trees, in the water.. it's great!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Ther all over the place in summer here Sjors called garage sales and then we have year round indoor flea markets ! I here in England they call a garage sale a TRUNK sale ! ...I love to look at garage sales in the summer I have found some amazing deals on things !! :-!
Well, we call a 'trunk' a 'boot', so they are boot sales. :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've cetrainly never seen any Gs at a Kentish boot fair...:-(

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
In Australia we have garage sales and antique fairs but most of the stuff seems to have come from the U.K. ;-)
We have a history of sending things we don't want to Australia... :)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Oh, has there been some cricket recently? :-d

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
tribe, I keep meaing to ask you about the G-8000 in your signature. Is that the G-8000-1VDR and if so it is clearly readable in sunlight ? I was thinking about the other colours (green) but I suspect they might be hard to scan quickly if the G-056 is anything to go by.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
tribe, I keep meaing to ask you about the G-8000 in your signature. Is that the G-8000-1VDR and if so it is clearly readable in sunlight ? I was thinking about the other colours (green) but I suspect they might be hard to scan quickly if the G-056 is anything to go by.
It is the G-8000-1VDR (or 'VER' in my case), and it's readability is one of it's strongest features. I would rank the G-8000 alongside the 5600 for readability, particularly as the G-8000 also manages to find room for a year display, and a three-letter day display. The G-5600 may have the best quick-scan display of all.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In december of '05 i buy in a flea market 3 DW-5600. One black in good conditions (bezel and straps) and 2 yellow, one of it only with the straps and the other one with straps and the bezel in bad shape. I pay $30 U.S for the pack. :gold
At least for me that was a bargain :-d
Saludos :-!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
In december of '05 i buy in a flea market 3 DW-5600. One black in good conditions (bezel and straps) and 2 yellow, one of it only with the straps and the other one with straps and the bezel in bad shape. I pay $30 U.S for the pack. :gold
At least for me that was a bargain :-d
Saludos :-!
A great pack you have find, I'm looking for a yellow 5600 but's very difficult to fine!

o|

1 - 20 of 23 Posts