WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see that post recently from a member here who had at least 5 black dial GADA type of watches, all on stainless steel bracelets? I want to say it was within the last month. For sure there was an Omega Aqua Terra in there, and possibly a GS or a SARB, and possibly a Smiths Everest? The person posted some pretty good pictures of them.

Might be a long shot that anyone reading this saw it. I just thought it was a really cool example of buying what you like rather than having a different style watch for every occasion. I'd like to see that post again and see what else that dude has posted.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Buying what you like makes wearing what you have enjoyable. I’ve never set out to fill categories and find it’s a silly practice. However, if you don’t want duplicates a collection can organically (and somewhat comically) fill the different categories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“what’s life without whimsy”

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Why not, black dials always look great and you only wear one at a time. I admit though when l bought a few different colored Rolex dials part of the decision making was the thinking I didn't want all black dials but looking back l know it wouldn't have been a mistake.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buying what you like makes wearing what you have enjoyable. I’ve never set out to fill categories and find it’s a silly practice. However, if you don’t want duplicates a collection can organically (and somewhat comically) fill the different categories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“what’s life without whimsy”
I agree but seems like the majority of people here want variety. In almost every SOTC post it seems like it's more about having watches that fit different roles, and getting rid of watches that are too similar.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Curious about this collection; I always like to see variations on a theme. My last two purchases have been steel bracelet black dial sport watches. Hope you find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Curious about this collection; I always like to see variations on a theme. My last two purchases have been steel bracelet black dial sport watches. Hope you find what you're looking for!
I'll let you know if I ever find it. It was a great collection.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I feel you on that. I love Divers, thats all I buy, my box has 12 Divers in it, 10 are black dial, and my wife says they all look the same, but to me they look very different, I see the little details because I I love the style.

Reactions: Mediocre

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If you "Liked" the picture in the post, you could always scroll through your "Latest Activity" in your "My Profile" and find it that way...
Good point, sometimes ill "like" a post so i know i can return to it at a later date. makes it easy to find. also if you use TapaTalk, when you like a post, it shows up in your activity feed. makes it super easy to find stuff

·
Premium Member
38,936 Posts
Black dialed watches are probably the most versatile watch color out there.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Heck, I've got 5 black dials in just my Omega collection. 😉

·
Registered
676 Posts
Heck, I've got 5 black dials in just my Omega collection. 😉

I think you should "consolidate" by trading the constellation and the GM for another speedy :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I loved what PowerChucker mentioned about how his watches all look the same to his wife. I often hear that from people and I just grin and shrug. Most people don't get it and that's ok. I also enjoy knowing that there are those of us out there that think our silver watches with black dials look nothing alike. It's all about the details and minor distinguishing factors!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds like "the dude" knows what he likes. Nothing wrong with 5 black dials on stainless, steel n my opinion.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I used to have mostly black dials. Now I have mostly blue dials with a couple of blacks, a white, a green and an orange. But a lot of blues. Next luxury purchase will probably be a black seamaster 300... maybe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts