WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice looking. It uses the ETA 2824-2. INOX watches (up till now) have been advertised as being extremely tough, by Victorinox. I'd be curious to see what kind of "toughness" claims that Victorinox is making about this watch. I have not looked up any of that yet....

https://www.revolution.watch/victorinox-inox-mechanical/

Photo is from the linked article:

Reactions: zabat and Ottovonn

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice looking. It uses the ETA 2824-2. INOX watches (up till now) have been advertised as being extremely tough, by Victorinox. I'd be curious to see what kind of "toughness" claims that Victorinox is making about this watch. I have not looked up any of that yet....

https://www.revolution.watch/victorinox-inox-mechanical/

Photo is from the linked article:

I have a couple of their knives, not to sure about their watches. I have just been browsing and there is some nice ones.

This was on their website it about the watch in question. Which i find is pretty awsome

Victorinox has created a first of its kind, wooden strap. Strong, durable and crafted onto a leather base, it's the perfect innovation that goes hand in hand with our environmental commitment.

Yay Graduated to G-Shock Padawan

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Some durability tests and some other info are here:
https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Watches/Our-Watches/Watch-tests/cms/watches-tests

Temperature rating is impressive -57C to +71C.
Sort of reminds me of the more impressive video that was done with the gravity master near me in the uk

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EbKGMstv24M&ved=2ahUKEwi8sIewsJbeAhUkM8AKHSsJACcQwqsBMAB6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw1RbK_YJgVA6tbP_rvkzCJv

Yay Graduated to G-Shock Padawan

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Interesting watch. It is indeed impressive that Victorinox managed to make a mechanical G. Still, while it is appealing (to say the least) I don't think I'm ready to venture back into the world of non-atomic watches. The only thing that draws me are the top notch analogue craftsmanship (that would be available from Casio as well) and the smooth second hand.

Anyways, thank you for sharing!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Registered
407 Posts
Whenever the "yin-yang" debate (to put it politely) comes up about mechanical vs. quartz watches I think about the thoughts of esteemed Seiko engineer Ikuo Tokunaga. Paraphrased from an online discussion: "All watches are the noble-minded living machines which human beings have created as mechanical watches and as quartz watches... Both mechanical watches and quartz watches have their individuality, and both are alive with you with respectful character in this world." He goes on to say for sports, business, travel and health care, quartz is his preference, but for appreciation; mechanical.

I really admire and appreciate the differing approaches to durability by Victorinox and Casio as well as their individual aesthetics.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I like their design approach and think that the toughness is not only marketing. I regularly (if I don't forget) have a Victorinox Swiss knife with me. It is around 15 years old and the mechanism works perfectly! Fun fact, you can just swap the plastic frame (on the knife) with new ones which reminds me of the G-Shock resin design.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Whenever the "yin-yang" debate (to put it politely) comes up about mechanical vs. quartz watches I think about the thoughts of esteemed Seiko engineer Ikuo Tokunaga. Paraphrased from an online discussion: "All watches are the noble-minded living machines which human beings have created as mechanical watches and as quartz watches... Both mechanical watches and quartz watches have their individuality, and both are alive with you with respectful character in this world." He goes on to say for sports, business, travel and health care, quartz is his preference, but for appreciation; mechanical.

I really admire and appreciate the differing approaches to durability by Victorinox and Casio as well as their individual aesthetics.
There are... actually engineers working at Seiko? hahah

(No disrespect towards Tokunaga-sensei but the output what I see is more and more of the same. Popping LEs left and right with no progress (except for looking at their catalogue and creating a excel spreadsheet to track down the watches without a Prospex "X" to amend) :p

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And......after I started this thread, it led to this, incoming: (quartz)

It will join my blue INOX diver. ;-)

I love the look of this watch!!! (titanium) The green-ish index markers against that grey are really cool!!! :-!

Plus thanks to someone on f17 mentioning a 30% off sale at Bloomingdales, I was able to take advantage of that for this watch - and got the LAST one!!! :)

Reactions: Miklos86 and Worker

·
G-Shock Mod
13,949 Posts

I love the look of this watch!!! (titanium) The green-ish index markers against that grey are really cool!!! :-!

Plus thanks to someone on f17 mentioning a 30% off sale at Bloomingdales, I was able to take advantage of that for this watch - and got the LAST one!!! :)
I like the Inox diver. Do let me know how good is the lume :)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

It looks great! Subtle and sturdy. Victorinox has a reputation for reliability, so this should be a winner.

Reactions: Time4Playnow
1 - 12 of 12 Posts