WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't recognize the circled watches. Any idea of the makes? I believe the black faced watch is a chrono, probably from late 40s or 50s. I have an opportunity to buy them this weekend, but want to make sure they are worth it before making the trip. I can't tell from the photo is they are brassing or if I am seeing a reflection.

Thanks for any insights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,497 Posts
I hope it's not a long drive, because without a better photo, you could end up being really disappointed. Very hard to see anything.

·
Premium Member
7,497 Posts
I like the dial on the chronograph, and the way the lume on the hands and dial match gives me a good gut feeling about originality, but that's about all I can say. I can't even distinguish a single letter on the logo.

I really hesitate to guess, because it's probably completely wrong, but there's a little voice in my head saying "WAKMANN". But more likely it's a lesser-known brand name that isn't so recognizable.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi!

Sorry, nothing to the chronograph, which is surely the more interesting of the two marked watches on the pic.
But I think I recall having seen one of those Ruca watches, with an AS 1130 inside, years ago.
Google doesn´t know anything about "Ruca", but watches with AS 1130 have been made in high quantities after WWII with countless labels on the dial.
And indeed, the typing above the subseconds´ dial could be "Wehrmachtswerk", a synonym for the AS 1130 in the German speaking countries.
For compare a Junghans with AS 1130 and that inscription:

Copyright: Junghans „Swiss Made“ mit Wehrmachtswerk von 1968 | ManuFaktUhr – Uhren und Lebensart

1 - 9 of 9 Posts