1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

After having a great response in this first thread:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=93594&highlight=recommend

I've narrowed my search to two watches, which I'm still thinking about.

However, in addition to this, I have decided to purchase a separate watch for work.

Requirements:

Price: US$130
Power source: Quartz
Band and case: Stainless steel
Face: Date (day would be great also)
Water resistance: 200m
Min 40mm diameter

The main concern is that I don't want a watch which has a coating on the steel, because I really dislike the look when the coating is scratched, and you can see the material underneath. However, for the price, I'm not sure this is possible with the requirements I've supplied.

Also, recommend some online sellers.

Thanks once again for your help from this great online community :-!

Van Damage

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hello,

However, in addition to this, I have decided to purchase a separate watch for work.

Requirements:

Min 40mm diameter

The main concern is that I don't want a watch which has a coating on the steel, because I really dislike the look when the coating is scratched, and you can see the material underneath. However, for the price, I'm not sure this is possible with the requirements I've supplied.

Van Damage
I don't know how hard you are at work on your watches, but tell me what you think of these http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/st-moritz-m1-dive-watch.html
All of your requirements with option of getting sapphire crystal.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hello,

Requirements:

Min 40mm diameter

Van Damage
Zodiac V Wolf:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like these ones, all of them were purchased off the 'bay (3 from Pokeman) for less than $135 including shipping:
From the Seiko range, I'm looking at the Seiko Monster in black with SS bracelet. I know it might be slightly over my budget, but it's all good :-!

I was browsing through Pokemonyu's items for sale. He has alot of orange monsters for sale, but only a couple of black with SS bracelet. o|

Check out this sales description from of Pokemonyu's items:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEIKO-MENS-AUTOMATIC-MONSTER-DIVER-WATCH-200M-SKX779K1_W0QQitemZ270180366465QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31387QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

"THIS WATCH IS VERY BIG AND SOLID. A MUST FOR ALL HUNKS."

lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The St Mortiz looks great, especially on SS bracelet:

The Zodiac V Wolf is looks good also. However, the only problem with it, is it looks very similar to the Tissot Seastar, which is possibly the second watch I'm getting. :think: Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice pics VanDamage. I have a couple ideas based on some watches I'm looking to purchase:

1. Citizen Calibre 8700-BL8030-53A (sorry it's 168-reg. 450) It's Eco drive, perpetual calendar, silver SS case and bracelet, white dial, 44/12 case size, 200m, day/date, and hardex crystal.

2. Deporte Divemaster-pvc black band, strong lume, date, 45/14.5 steel case, navy blue face, 300m, Asian Ty-2707 automatic movement(sigh). $69

3. Seiko Coutura Chrono -gray steel with blueberry face, day/date/timer,100m, kinetic quartz, sapphire crystal, for only 128. This sold me, and if it weren't for the 100m limit, I would definitely recommend this. Plus the case is 41.5/11.

It looks like that Zodiac would fit the bill if you want something that's different from your other watches. Have fun :)

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Classic!

Why don't you like the orange monster, Van? I'm a conservative sort of guy but it grabs me. Mind you, I have a bunch of black dial watches already, perhaps you don't yet.
Yes, you hit the nail on the head there. I do like the orange monster, but I prefer the conservative style of the black. Also, I don't have any black dial watches so far. Perhaps when I do, I will look at the more "loud" colours. It generally seems to be the natural progression of things.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just purchased the ladies version of this watch for my wife. It is a great watch, and there are two different face/bezel combinations available. Great value for a solid quartz diver.:-!

The Zodiac V Wolf is looks good also. However, the only problem with it, is it looks very similar to the Tissot Seastar, which is possibly the second watch I'm getting. :think: Decisions, decisions.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Zodiac's are great, and if you have a Fossil outlet nearby you can get them for bargain basement prices!

I wish you guys didn't post that St. Moritz link darn it, I keep looking at that automatic diver :-d They make nice watches, I have a Storm quartz chrono with a Citizen movement and I like it a lot.

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

What model is this St Moritz?

·
Registered
749 Posts
What model is this St Moritz?[/quote said:
That is the momentum m1 diver

·
Registered
167 Posts
For what its worth ive got Zodiacs and Seikos and I think my Zodiac V-Wolf is quite a bit higher quality construction than my Seikos. Or my Citizen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts