WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was *this* close to getting a Cannon Rebel a while back, but didn't pull the trigger. I don't need professional grade, just something for watch shots for forums, etc.

Is there a consensus on the 'go-to' for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, what is range of your budget? or you are something like more into Canon brand only or maybe you do not care as long as it produces great image

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
If you are posting things on the internet then I would recommend a M4/3 camera from Olympus or Panasonic. The lenses are cheap and the cameras are easy to use.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nikon, all post lenses fit. DSLR entry level D3400 under $500. It will be a LONG time b4 you outgrow it...IMHO

·
Registered
241 Posts
You probably need to be more specific than 'watch shots for forums' to receive a decent answer/suggestion. A smartphone is good enough for a forums shot.

Try doing some research on dpreview. There are some good suggestions for cameras broken down to budget, application, etc.

·
Registered
13,808 Posts
*LOL* he wants a simple camera. The 5D III isn't new enough to cutting edge, old enough to be cheap.

·
Registered
29,372 Posts
I'd love for you to check the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR Camera.
Funnily enough I have this and an EOS100D (rebel) one for doing piper work one to throw in a bag for when I’m hiking. Problem with the little one is I still use the decent lenses on it so there’s bigger all weight savings, the space saving is good though

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just moved from Canon to Sony (full frame) and regret I didn't do it earlier. However, that said, your lens is probably more important than your camera when it comes to macro photography.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If you want watch shots for forums your money needs to go on a macro lens.

That canon will do the job the job but lens will be more expensive
What he said ^^^

Any decent DSLR, even entry level one, will take great pics... What makes a difference is a good macro lens and lighting;)

As for myself, I decided, after years of dragging DSLRs, to switch to an iPhone X, and I'm pretty happy camper... Any of these will get you there:

https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Another vote for the Olympus EM10. A lot of my watch photos are just shot with the EM10 and a 25mm f1.8 lens.

The 25mm lens is my do all lens; for watch photos and general photography.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts