WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking for a BIG Diver. Or a nice big watch which i can wear everyday. and do with everyday activities.
Something with good wrist precense. Maybe 44mm and up. 42mm could be ok but it depends really (the helson 42mm is bigger compared to say a hamilton navy 42mm)

Since its gonna be big and more of when I need a rough watch, probably looking more at Titanium but will consider other options.

So far have been looking at the Oris Small Seconds:
64376387454RS

I don't know if this eBay seller is legit or good but that's what I've found. Other that that there is Jomashop which is also grey.
http://www.jomashop.com/oris-mens-watch-743-7638-7454rs.html

Next up, I have considered the Helson Sharkdiver (Bronze or Titanium)

I know there are some Germans out there too which are good? (Damasko/Dievas? etc. )

Just looking for some recommendations :)

Something that would be hardy, good and ready to take a good beating (if needed)

Miles

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
My second Steinhart recommendation today (and I don't even own one, but I'd like to...)

Steinhart Triton 30 ATM about US$575

340011544triton_30atm_01.jpg

Technical Details
Type: TRITON 30ATM
Item no.: T0210

Movement
ETA 2824-2 elabore, automatik Swiss Made
Jewels: 25 jewels

Functions
hour and minute hand with SuperLuminova, BGW9
central second hand
date on the ‘6’
screwed-down crown at ‘4’
clockwork ETA 2824-2, elabore.

Case: stainless steel
Back: Stainless steel screwed , engraved
Diameter: 45 mm
height: 14 mm
Weight: 158 g
Dial: grey/black
Crystal: Sapphire flat, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
Bezel: one side rotatable / 120 clicks
Indices: applied/applique indices silver. Superluminova BGW9
Lug width: 24 mm (0.94 inches)
WaterRes: 300 m (990 feet) waterproof ..
Strap: calf leather with rubber coating ,black.with white stitches..24x24mm
Buckle: Screwed, stainless steel buckle Pre-V 24 mm

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
I'd grab a Deivas Vortex. 44mm and a Ti fricker case with an ETA movement. WUS is letting my upload a pic of the one I sold but google came through:

·
Registered
Oris Aquis Date titanium
5,313 Posts
I'd grab a Deivas Vortex. 44mm and a Ti fricker case with an ETA movement. WUS is letting my upload a pic of the one I sold but google came through:
Now that is a nice watch! No date which I like.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
The Seiko Sumo is 45mm with longer lugs and about a third of your budget. It's a high quality watch. I mean, the bracelet is kind of crappy and the lug holes are a little too far from the case for straps, but it's a very strong offering.

·
Registered
Oris Aquis Date titanium
5,313 Posts
Yeah, that's sharp!
I would like to see it with different bezel styles as the black PVD (I'm assuming that's what it is) and white numbering isn't my favourite, but I could definitely live with it. Maybe a brushed titanium insert with carved markings...

Love the crown on that side as well because I like to wear a watch on my right hand. But I always want the crown to point outward. So I mostly wear watches on my left.

Edit: Just realised that the Benarus Megalodon 4 Ti is discontinued.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Here's my recommendation, a watch that I just got myself last month - the Orient Saturation Diver 300m. 45mm wide, 16.6mm thick and around 51-52mm height.

uploadfromtaptalk1357588327886.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
137 Posts
Daynight Recon Tritium Tubes -
45mm Case, 51mm Lug to Lug 16.5mm Thick, 316L Stainless Steel

Eta 2824-2 Movement, 25 Jewels, 28,800 VPH Swiss Made

33mm Dial opening, Sapphire Crystal, Inside Ar Coating, Exhibition Case Back, Wave Dial

Luminous ( Superluminova BGW9) Ceramic Bezel inlay, 120 click Unidirectional Bezel

Water Resistant- 500m/1650 Ft

Bracelet – 22mm Lugs , 22/20 (20mm Clasp) Divers Wetsuit Extension, 4 Micro Adjustments, Half Links, Full links , Screw in Links, 4.5mm thick , Divers Safety Clasp

Screw Down Crown and Caseback

Tritium Tubes – Dial -61 tubes , Hands 3 tubes , 12 o’clock Pip trititum tube

Black Wave Dial. Tritium Tubes. Hour Markers -Yellow Tubes (12 o’clock 2 Tubes ), Minute Markers –Green Tubes ,Hands – Green Tubes

http://www.deepbluewatches.com/daretrtbldi.html

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I'd go for the WCT (West Coast Time) diver with a sterile dial and Fricker case. It's a clone of the case used for the Kobold Seal for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Longines HydroConquest.

Longines Sport Collection Hydroconquest Water Resisitant 1000 feet Men's Watch L3.642.4.56.6.jpg

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'm a fan of the way Orient's 45mm Saturation Diver looks (it comes and goes on Orient USA's website for around $1000 - $1200 I think):

20121220_91b7b1.jpg

Maybe a used 45mm DOXA Sub like a 5000T if you want something different:

sharkhunter_md.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts