WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a watch that you wouldn't necessarily see on a regular basis in the non-WIS world.

My preference is for a watch you'd wear on a strap. I'd prefer it didn't have a black dial. Something about the watch should differentiate it from the norm.

As a starting point, I stumbled upon the Meistersinger line of one handed watches that I find appealing.

·
Registered
31,441 Posts
Meistersinger is certainly unique.

Grand Sekio or other JDM models as another suggestion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Christopher ward also has an interesting jump hour. Nomos has amazing bauhaus style in house movement with fantastic finishes in that price point. Longings master collection retrograde. Maurice lacroix masterpiece collection has interesting retrograde collection as well with moonphases. Tissot and orient star has gorgeous skeletons around that price as well. Cant think of anything at the moment

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
"Interesting" is in the eye of the beholder! ;-)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm looking for a watch that you wouldn't necessarily see on a regular basis in the non-WIS world.

My preference is for a watch you'd wear on a strap. I'd prefer it didn't have a black dial. Something about the watch should differentiate it from the norm.

As a starting point, I stumbled upon the Meistersinger line of one handed watches that I find appealing.

STOP LOOKING! You have a winner there. If it is over budget, just wait a little longer to get what you want. That's a fine looking watch and definitely unusual.

·
Registered
521 Posts
NOMOS Tangente! You can easily find a used one for around this price for about 2K on
Chrono24. (Prices listed by shops in Germany are better then personal sellers here).

B.

Reactions: Noah1

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
What about a silver dial Hamilton Pan Europ? Or if you want to spend your entire budget, an original, limited production blue dial Pan Europ, if you can find a used one.

I have a black dial one. It's quite a striking piece.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vintage and/or recent production?

Dress and/or sport?

Any types preferred or disliked? Dive, chrono, GMT, military, design/modern?
Recent preferred, more dress than purpose built sport watch, other than that it's open wide........

·
Registered
373 Posts
I find Bota design watches (Slim gentlemen) quite interesting. That is if you stick with the one hand idea. You would probably have a hard time fiinding one second hand, adn the prices for a new one are a bit high IMO. I would also check out Storm watches (STORM Watches: Men). They may seem like a fashion brand to a regular WUS, but you may find someting cool. I don`t have an opinion on QC for these brands.

A normal person would surely think a Citizen Eco-Zilla is interesting, to say the least. But then again most normal people don`t wear watches anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts