WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum. Dear husband wants to buy me my dream Tag watch (Aquaracer Lady 32MM with diamonds around it), and I'm wondering if you all could recommend a place to get it online.... where I know it will be authentic and new? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you buy from grey market, don't expect exceptional service. Why not buy from an AD?
Well only to get a cheaper price. From an AD, the watch is $4900. From jomashop, it is $3300. Of course the warranty is different. Which is the better choice? I'm new at buying watches. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You should get at least 20% off from an AD (25% to 30% is possible if you have a relationship). If this is your first watch, I'd suggest going the AD route.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should get at least 20% off from an AD (25% to 30% is possible if you have a relationship). If this is your first watch, I'd suggest going the AD route.
Wait what?? How do I get a discount from an AD? Can I get that deal through an online AD? There isn't one around me locally. Please tell me how I go about this - I am clueless. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
How do I do this when dealing with an online AD retailer? Spell it out for me pretty please?? :)
Not sure if you can do it through online AD. I called a dealer for a Tissot watch I am in the market, and one of the dealers right away said I will give you 20% off. I called another dealer, and he was not as forthcoming, said he can do something and maybe bit more if the watch is already in store.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. So I call a store that is a dealer of Tag and ask the to give me a deal and then they would ship the watch to me? I don't live near a local dealer.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Wait what?? How do I get a discount from an AD? Can I get that deal through an online AD? There isn't one around me locally. Please tell me how I go about this - I am clueless. ;)
My local AD offered me a 25% discount w/o me asking and this was for a mechanical gent's watch. I'm sure you can haggle a bigger discount for a quartz watch.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. So I call a store that is a dealer of Tag and ask the to give me a deal and then they would ship the watch to me? I don't live near a local dealer.
Watches (like all jewelry) have an enormous retail mark-up. The MSRP is often double what the dealer paid. So, haggling is quite common, and for most brands it's not difficult to get 20% off. If you're ordering online, be sure to get it from out-of-state, which also means you won't be charged tax at the point of sale.

If you're not an expert haggler, just be honest: "I found it for this price from a reputable online dealer. I know he's not an AD, but how close to that price can you get." After you've called a few places, you'll also be able to leverage other offers.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
I suggest you start by stopping your trolling.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Call Leslie Gold Watch Co. in California. Tell them your situation. Ask for a price. If you like the offer, they're trustworthy. If you don't,no worries

1 - 18 of 18 Posts