WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to the hobby and have been staying in the $150 or less range. I've found some great value there (Orient Bambino and Mako II), but nothing that has really scratched the itch. I'm looking to spend up to $500 on a dress(y) watch.

My office is business casual and I'd like a dress watch that's versatile enough to be a daily wear. If it's able to be dressed down a bit come Saturdays, that's even better.

I'd prefer something on a leather strap, stainless case (no gold tone or two tone), and 38-42mm in size, and date (or day/date) display.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36,311 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
OP. Didn't you just buy Cocktail Time like 2 days ago. Seems like a good dress watch to go with.
No need to buy another one (unless need justification for a want :))

Reactions: dwczinmb

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm new to the hobby and have been staying in the $150 or less range. I've found some great value there (Orient Bambino and Mako II), but nothing that has really scratched the itch. I'm looking to spend up to $500 on a dress(y) watch.

My office is business casual and I'd like a dress watch that's versatile enough to be a daily wear. If it's able to be dressed down a bit come Saturdays, that's even better.
I'd prefer something on a leather strap, stainless case (no gold tone or two tone), and 38-42mm in size.

Thanks in advance!
What do you like/dislike about your Bambino?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OP. Didn't you just buy Cocktail Time like 2 days ago. Seems like a good dress watch to go with.
No need to buy another one (unless need justification for a want :))
Yup, sure did. I actually just finished the WTT post for it. It's an absolutely stunning watch, but I don't feel it's an every day kind of watch, and that's really what I feel I need at this point since I don't have that role covered yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you like/dislike about your Bambino?
I have to update my collection list because the Bambino was sold. I ordered the black dial Roman numeral version, and I probably should have gone with the white dial and indices instead. The one thing I absolutely love about the Bambino and the Cocktail Time is the look of the domed crystal. Is there anything else out there with a dome?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suppose the problem I'm having is while I've found two watches I really like in the Bambino and CT, I'm just haven't had one yet with the "this is it!" factor/feeling. It's hard to describe, but I'm sure most know what I'm trying to explain.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I suppose the problem I'm having is while I've found two watches I really like in the Bambino and CT, I'm just haven't had one yet with the "this is it!" factor/feeling. It's hard to describe, but I'm sure most know what I'm trying to explain.

This is it
14345372140_467c9f2d7c_b.jpg

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Orient star classic WZ0251EL
Pricing should be well south of $500, but may have to order from Japan

tux1.JPG IMG_4026.JPG

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'd also go with Hamilton in this range. A Jazzmaster (I love my day/date version) or maybe a Khaki if you want to go a bit more casual (and perhaps better for with jeans on the weekend).

Tissot, Certina and Mido are other safe bets in this range, as are JDM Seikos.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Orient Stars and Hamilton's are great options so far.

Is there anything else in this range? Or this the best of the price point?

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Yup, sure did. I actually just finished the WTT post for it. It's an absolutely stunning watch, but I don't feel it's an every day kind of watch, and that's really what I feel I need at this point since I don't have that role covered yet.

Err wait. Do you want something MORE dressy than a Seiko Cocktail-Time, or something LESS dressy?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Err wait. Do you want something MORE dressy than a Seiko Cocktail-Time, or something LESS dressy?
I'd say it would be nearly perfect for every day if it wasn't blue. I feel that kind of limits what I can wear it with, but I could be wrong??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts