WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching many options I finally decided to replace my cracked-bezel DW5600 with a GWM5610. For price and convenience I ordered from Amazon.

The first watch was in a box marked GWM5610, but in fact was a DW5600. I sent it back for a full refund and placed a new order.

The next watch was a GWM5610 but appeared to be used, with a couple of scratches on it. It's going back also.

I'm not sure what is going on with Amazon as I have not had this kind of problem with other orders, but nevertheless I'm looking for another option.

Any recommendations for a reliable vendor that sells new G Shocks?

·
Registered
239 Posts
After researching many options I finally decided to replace my cracked-bezel DW5600 with a GWM5610. For price and convenience I ordered from Amazon.

The first watch was in a box marked GWM5610, but in fact was a DW5600. I sent it back for a full refund and placed a new order.

The next watch was a GWM5610 but appeared to be used, with a couple of scratches on it. It's going back also.

I'm not sure what is going on with Amazon as I have not had this kind of problem with other orders, but nevertheless I'm looking for another option.

I've had similar experiences with Amazon. A common issue seems to be that returned items are often just placed back on the shelf and sent out again to fill new orders, obviously without proper inspection. I've received obviously used items before. As for receiving a DW5600 in 5610 box, I wouldn't be surprised if someone purchased a new 5610 and returned a 5600 in the box for a refund. Probably an easy scam to pull off.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
https://www.creationwatches.com/ - they have a fantastic selection of Seikos, Casios and beyond, been around for a while and feature rock bottom prices.
Have a horrible reputation, particularly in the Seiko Forums. Not to mention horrible customer service.

I had an okay experience w/ them.
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/srp775j1-creation-watches-4554937.html

Later on I noticed a small fleck underneath the crystal...… but considered myself lucky considering what others have been through.

Reactions: Time4Playnow

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,202 Posts

My go-tos are Amazon, Ebay, and Rakuten. Sprinkled with the occasional Macy's, Bloomingdales, and Tourneau. (sales only for them though - at least for me). And yes, I've made a couple purchases each from AZ Fine Time, Topper's, SeiyaJapan, and some others. But that pales in comparison to the Gs I've bought from Ebay, Rakuten, and Amazon. (dozens from Rakuten and the same from Ebay. Slightly fewer from Amazon, but still quite a few.)

* BTW I've gotten a few expensive Gs from Macys. They were all obviously brand-new, with all plastics, papers, and tags. The latest was the GMW-B5000GD-1 metal square for 25% off. Macys, surprisingly, carries some high-end Gs including some of the newest MTGs and Frogmen. So does Tourneau... (but in a couple purchases from Tourneau, the watches appeared to be new, but all plastic wrappings had been removed.)

You could get a returned watch from just about anywhere. Might be more likely with amazon due to the high sales volume. I've never had that experience at all, thankfully.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've purchased from Evine, Turntable Labs, Tictacarea, Firmament Berlin and Chino.

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
I recently received a high end Citizen from Sakura watches, a JDM vendor. I usually order from SeiyaJapan (Seiya's my go-to man for JDM watches) but Sakura seems to offer watches at somewhat lower prices.

Sakura watches also sells G-Shocks, and since they provided excellent service and communication in my experience, I recommend checking them out here.

(I'm not affiliated with them in any way -- just a happy customer.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll start sorting through them.

I agree, I think that the 5600 in the 5610 box was probably a scam/theft performed by a customer. I notified Amazon immediately as I was concerned that they would think that MY return was an attempt to put one over on them. Fortunately I got my refund with no problems. I think the 2nd watch was worn by someone for awhile, and then they returned it. Amazon should not have sent it out as new without at least inspecting it.

And to answer one of the questions, yes, both watches were sold by Amazon, not a 3rd party. I had a suboptimal experience with a "fulfilled by Amazon for a 3rd party" once and since then I don't go that route any more.

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
I have bought from Topper and MLTD. They are both excellent to buy from especially Rob at Topper!
I can't believe I forgot about Topper's. I second them. I bought Seikos and G-Shocks from them in the past. Excellent service as well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just spent an hour browsing through Sakura, and I love their JDM selection! Thanks for sharing.
I recently received a high end Citizen from Sakura watches, a JDM vendor. I usually order from SeiyaJapan (Seiya's my go-to man for JDM watches) but Sakura seems to offer watches at somewhat lower prices.

Sakura watches also sells G-Shocks, and since they provided excellent service and communication in my experience, I recommend checking them out here.

(I'm not affiliated with them in any way -- just a happy customer.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts