WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello forumers,

As per my topic question, please recommend good automatic chronograph 41mm diameter watch with

1) Main body must be tough

2) Scratch resistant must be very highly rated

3) Accurate movement

4) My budget is around SGD $ 4,500

5) Good after-sales customer service

6) Good service centre

7) Light brown colour leather strap

I'm currently looking at Raymond Weil Freelancer 7730-STC-65021

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
There is someone selling a longines hydroconquest chronograph running on the fame Val7750 swiss movt for only $950 at the sales section. 41mm and its a dive watch. Tough and durable!

Bro, go and get it from him..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HermesBlessMe said:
Have you check Maurice Lacroix Les Classique Chronographe :)
I heard that they just open boutique at Marina Square

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae176/kchivamavin/My%20watches%20collection/MauriceLacroixLesClassiqueChronographe1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hi there,

I already have a Maurice Lacroix quartz watch
Link: [url=http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/62125797-post3963.html]www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - The Watch Thread - Part 1[/url]

I prefer Raymond Weil design though

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi, one more point. The Raymond Weil Freelancer 7730-STC-65021 you mentioned is a very nice and elegant watch also.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I dig the RW that you posted... But I HATE when watch dials have multiple dates showing with an indicator arrow to what today is. IMO its a silly way to make a simple function less readable :roll:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Another vote for the Longines Master Collection series, that moon phase as mentioned above is super; or, if you'd prefer something more of a classic chrono design, then the Master Chrono Column Wheel at 42mm (Ref. No. L27594783). Silver dial on brown alligator strap, with a classic, very well balanced design: timeless.

longines2.jpg

Longines makes great watches, with real staying power and a great history also (being part of the Swatch Group of Swiss watchmakers today). Don't think that you could possibly go wrong either way, or with anything from the series, really.

RW is nice, though many of their designs don't particularly appeal to me so far as they are awfully reminiscent of other brands (I don't like homages, etc. either); I quite like some of their more elegant models, though, and don't tell my nephew but he's about to get a RW Maestro on the occasion of his commencement of his banking internship (shhh! It's our secret here on WUS, as it's a gift and he doesn't know it's coming ;) . The one you've selected is a bit busy for my tastes as well, as I prefer classic, timeless designs and if it were my money I'd go for the Longines. (I'm a classic sort, though, so maybe that's just me). All that really matters in the end is whether you like it as it's your wrist. If you do, then go for it. Nothing wrong with RW as a brand.

Cheers.

Reactions: Gary123

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Why 41 mm? Not 40 mm or 42 mm, the more common sizes? It has to be 41 mm?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sodiac said:
Why 41 mm? Not 40 mm or 42 mm, the more common sizes? It has to be 41 mm?
My seamaster diver chrono is 41.5mm i think...would that be ok for him? ;) it doesnt have a brown strap..and itd look silly with one..but then...ive prob seen weirder things on ppls arms

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Any chronograph watch that has more accurate calibre than Valjoux 7750 ?
ETA 2894?? But Valjoux 7750 is good enough to be COSC. Breitling chronometer chronograph also use modify Valjoux 7750.. So as Panerai like 187

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
ETA 2894?? But Valjoux 7750 is good enough to be COSC. Breitling chronometer chronograph also use modify Valjoux 7750.. So as Panerai like 187
All three of my Valjoux 7750 watches are not COSC certified and keep COSC time. It's one of my favorite movements.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Seiko Brightz Phoenix SAGK003 or equivalent

The 8R28 movement is a very very good chronograph movement. Compared to the Piguet 1185, Rolex 4130, Jaeger LeCoultre 751, Valjoux 7750, Omega 3313, Zenith El Primero, and other chronograph movements I have in my collection it is probably in the top 3 movements.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
1) the Raymond Weil model uses Valjoux 7750 movement too.....

2) i do hope it's nickel free too
Stainless Steel 316L (as well as 316) is a Chromium-Nickel stainless steel with added molybdenum to increase corrosion resistance and mechanical properties.So there is Nickel but bound, no contact allergy though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I dig the RW that you posted... But I HATE when watch dials have multiple dates showing with an indicator arrow to what today is. IMO its a silly way to make a simple function less readable :roll:
I couldnt agree more..its a ridiculous and unnecessarily .... way of showing the date.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
The Lemania 5100 is good as well as is the Zenith El Primero but probably out of range. The Valjoux 7753 would be another movement to be considered. It's used by Hamilton (Jazzmaster, Khaki Chrono).

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
No matter what kind of coatings on what kind of case on what brand of watches... all watches are subjected to scratches or abrasion depending on the usage condition.
I suggest that you consider to get a watch that's strictly allocated as your "work" watch that's facing the harsh music every single day.
However, should you be working in a office environment where you're always in your long sleeve, no matter what brand what make will not be scratched easily.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts