WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I plan on buying my first G-Shock in a month or so. So I was wondering, can you guys recommend me some models based on my preferences.

It would be great if the watch had atomic time keeping function (I'm from Croatia, hope it works here). Solar is also cool but not necessary.
I have fairly small wrists (about 17mm). I don't like oversized and chunky look. It has to look appropriate.

As far as the design goes I was thinking in the lines of these:

GW-7900B-1.jpg

GW7900B-1 - My #1 choice so far. Really love the looks, but I am afraid if it will be too big for me.

11279216-best.jpg

DW5600MS-1CR - Love the stealthy and thin looks

G8900.jpg

GR-8900-1ADR -Nice watch but again I'm afraid of it being oversized for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
If you have 17mm wrists, no watch is going to fit you :D

Seriously though, the 7900 is a big watch.. as well as the 8900. If you have small wrists, a 5600 might be better for you. Did you mean 17cm?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have 17mm wrists, no watch is going to fit you :D

Seriously though, the 7900 is a big watch.. as well as the 8900. If you have small wrists, a 5600 might be better for you. Did you mean 17cm?
Yup, It was a typo :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would stay away from negative displays. I cannot describe to you how much I hate them. Sure, they look tacticool, but they are impossible to read unless the lighting conditions are perfect.

I'd recommend a square like the GW-M5600. Solar/atomic. Classic styling. Tough as nails. Affordable. Easy to read. Display not cluttered up with useless doo-dads. Etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i would recommend riseman (G, GW 9200).

it's master of G, very nice shape. not too big, just the right size. it's even smaller compared to other g's.
you can choose between radio controled or not.

you can easily sinc. with antena in germany. you'll just have to find a right position for synchronization.

and it has the best features (alti, thermo, baro) wich are always useful.

_MG_1005.JPG

this one is also worth thinking:

G-6900-1D.jpg

classic one!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I think I would probably go for DW5600MS-1CR if I were you. It's the best looking of the lot in my opinion, and it is the perfect size for you based on your preference of smaller size g-shocks.
Negative display is indeed awful when it comes to readability.. but the style is more than enough to make up for it in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
big is matter of perception, I enjoy wearing both the King and the 5600

out of the 3's, I'd pick the 7900, as it is the best looking (and feature, I think) / I then, will take off the bezel and put some super-glue on those 4 screws to make sure /

5600 is cool, but is non-solar

8900, have you noticed the big metal eye that is so THICK it seems out of place ???

else, you can go for the gw-6900, I think you will like it

·
Registered
375 Posts
With 6.5 inch wrists, it is undoubtedly your best bet. Not only will it look proportional, it will look like a classic. It'll be a good all around watch too, something you can wear while running but also still looking natural in a formal environment as opposed to the non-traditional shapes of the others. It is simple and it works excellent. It was my first G too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seek out G2310. This will probably suit your wrist size better. Its not too big and the strap wouldn't be overly too long so it will not be sticking out that much when you wear it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your suggestions :D

After carefully considering every one of them, I've narrowed it down a bit and made some conclusions.

- DW5600MS-1CR (i will have to see negative display in person to decide)
vs Riseman (sensor bugs me a little, other than that nice watch)
vs GW-M5600 (it's a bit too expensive, 150$)

and I've found DW5600E-1V (alternatieve to M5600, 43$ but no gimmicks)

other suggestions:

GW6900 has nice functions but something about it's design puts me off
G2310 is not really my cup of tea, but thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
With 6.5 inch wrists, [the DW5600MS-1CR] is undoubtedly your best bet. Not only will it look proportional, it will look like a classic. It'll be a good all around watch too, something you can wear while running but also still looking natural in a formal environment as opposed to the non-traditional shapes of the others. It is simple and it works excellent.
This.

Saw someone wearing one in a youtube video a week or so ago, and I remember thinking how good it looked. Go for it. |>

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
riseman doesn't have any bugs.
i wear it all the time.
i'll share some pictures from the mountain tomorow.
it's a great watch, you'll like it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts