WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used Stowa Airman (sans logo), and I'm now considering what straps would look good with it. It comes with the original Stowa non-riveted strap, but it's black, and I prefer brown straps with pilots. I'd love to get one of the "old style" straps from Stowa, but the shipping cost to the US is nearly 40 Euros, which is a bit much for a strap.

Any recommendations for flieger-appropriate brown straps? Thanks very much! I look forward to participating in the Stowa forum a bit more!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Take a look at Toshi straps. Rich, in England, made me one for my Airman. I have the Havana brown.....nice and thick (4mm) and compliments the watch. I wasn't thrilled with the strap that came with it and put it on a Russian watch I just got.....looks ok on it. I just think the Airman deserves a more "substantial" strap. Expensive, perhaps, but great looking. Sorry I don't have pictures
And Rich is great to work with....I got just the length I wanted....even changed buckles on it.
Rich made me a strap in CONKER color for my Speedy. That color would also look great on the Airman.

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Time factors has some nice pilot straps; here is their parallel strap in black and brown:

I'm currently wearing my Airman on a Laco strap:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm using a Nato right now, but also use the Toshi. I got the oem all-around strap shipped with my watch when new. Its comfortable, but there are more beautiful straps available. Laco's (?), look nicely made.

http:/
/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies.

Wow - I love the Laco! Can I buy one without a watch attached to it?

I'll also check out Toshi - his site looks great!

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Stowa AirmanOriginal is available in 20mm dark brown. Direct communication regarding shipping may result in a reduced charge - I doubt if it will cost you as much as you fear for just one strap.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks for being gentle :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
How do the OEM Airman straps fit? My wrist is about 6.75 inches and sometimes I have problems with straps being too long

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies and recs.

I ended up e-mailing Stowa, and they can ship a strap for just 6 Euros. I ordered the old-style brown strap, so hopefully it'll suit my needs.

I may still have to buy the Laco eventually, though. I just wasn't sure what length I needed.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Tell them your wrist's circumference and they will send the right size,

Volker
If you're referring to the Laco strap, remember that this is a closed strap, so it is not only the wrist size that matters, but that you're whole hand has to fit through the strap ;-)

·
Registered
612 Posts
How do the OEM Airman straps fit? My wrist is about 6.75 inches and sometimes I have problems with straps being too long
I have a 6.25" wrist, and I find the 'normal' length Airman straps far too long. However, on my last Airman I simply asked for a 'short' version of the old style strap, and the one I received fits great! I ended up changing the strap, anyway ;), but the point is that they apparently have shorter straps in stock; they just don't mention it on their web site.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Great...thanks for the info. I'll definately ask for a short strap when I place my order. Now I just have to decide what version Airman to go with.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Great...thanks for the info. I'll definately ask for a short strap when I place my order. Now I just have to decide what version Airman to go with.
If you need/want an auto or auto/date, then you know what you should have. On the other hand, if you can handle the wait and/or added cost, the FO is a truly superb piece you'll most likely be happy with for years. If not (unlikely) then you'd have no trouble selling it to another fan.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just wanted to thank everyone again for the replies. My Stowa arrived today, and I'm so pleased. What a great watch!

For now, I've got it on a Di-Modell Rallye, but hopefully my new Stowa old-style strap will arrive in the coming week.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts