WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on wearing it while i am active/working out (how i imagine MOST people use make of timepieces). what model do you recommend? i own a couple of automatics, but feel the need for a G-Shock for the abovementioned purpose. Any comments related to G Shocks are welcomed.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
My suggestions for an allrounder G-Shock would be :

DW-9052
DW-5600E
DW-6900
DW-6600

These are all familiar 'classic' looking G-Shocks and are all digital only with timers, EL lighting, alarms etc. Also all very affordable.

cheers,

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suggestions for an allrounder G-Shock would be :

DW-9052
DW-5600E
DW-6900
DW-6600

These are all familiar 'classic' looking G-Shocks and are all digital only with timers, EL lighting, alarms etc. Also all very affordable.

cheers,
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I'd also suggest a G2310 1V (~$60, solar, all the features you'll need)...

...or a Gulfman G9100 (~ $70, 7 year battery, titanium parts for extra corrosion protection if your sweat is particularly acid - I've melted several watches with mine :oops: )...

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I'd also suggest a G2310 1V (~$60, solar, all the features you'll need)...

the G-2310 gets my vote too, as well as its two brothers the G-2300B-1V:

and the G-2300-9V:

the G-2300/2310 is one of the most advanced basic model and features one of the best (if not THE best) modules in my opinion. you really can't go wrong with it.

the gulfman G-9100 is a nice watch but it lacks tough solar and (far worse) the fifht light button which makes it a no-go for (I find the fifth button incredible useful)

my second best recommendation is the G-2800B-1V which has the largest digits of all g-shock's and also one hell of a great module:

also the mudman G-9000series is a good choice, though the buttons are stiff and hard to press:

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/G9000_Series/

in general I can say, you will be better off with an all-digital G than with an an-digi model. some ana-digis look pretty good but they often lack important features and the illumination system is suboptimal on most of them.

regards, holger

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,567 Posts
Hi Automatic,

The watches I would like to recommend are all mentioned here I see. If you don't mind solar, I would go for a DW-5600E (a NASA Clasic) or DW-6900 (my personal favorite basic). If you like solar and you want a really good watch with a lot of features and stores loads of energy, go for the G2300/G-2310 versions. Although the same size, they look less flashy, but are very tough watches.

If you like atomic features, go for the GW-5500, GW-9000 or the GW-9100. Some older models tend to have battery problems. Note that Atomic models are relative expensive for this extra feature in my opinion.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
...or a Gulfman G9100 (~ $70, 7 year battery, titanium parts for extra corrosion protection if your sweat is particularly acid - I've melted several watches with mine :oops: )...
BEST COMMENT EVER "I've melted several watches with mine (sweat)"

Thanks, man!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The DW56RT (Referee timer) has 9 pre-set countdown timers and 9 user settable interval timers (set to the second) for workout purposes.

And, it has that desirable Casio look as well.

-Gawain

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I can't believe it...

...I've been called 'alien' by 'friends' for years...finally find a place of refuge, and look what happens. o| :-(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts