WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So I love the PO - it's the watch I've always wanted.The design and details are near-perfect among all the other watches out there.
HOWEVER.
It seems to have one godawful achilles heel: that horribly designed, godawful clasp.

After replacing the clasp spring for the 3rd time in 2 years, and even when it's working, it feels like such a flimsy hold that's just waiting to start popping open with every minor wrist flex. I'd like to find any suggestions for a suitable alternative to a clasp on the standard PO bracelet, but don't know much about quality aftermarket alternatives. There have to be SOME out there, right? Is the new adjustable band a better made clasp?

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas from the group...

o|

Tolly

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have had the steel and currently the titanium version of the 8500 movement planet ocean and never felt it was anything but a solid bracelet clasp.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
sorry - that'd be the 2500 45mm
OK, so the first one. As much as a rarity to hear about that is, I'd recommend switching out the clasp for the later one with the adjustments, but as it's the 2500 not the 8500, you'll need the other parts with it. Sadly they're not a straight swap and you need end links. What did OMEGA say? 3rd time in two years just tells me you've got a lemon. Clasp or bracelet. But if you've swapped it out then maybe it's the surrounds on the bracelet and that whole thing needs replacing

Rubber strap?

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
The clasp is pretty solid IMHO. I have four POs and I had issues with a Ti 8500 clasp that wouldn’t close without pushing the two buttons and had to get a new one. The SS clasps are relatively cheap to replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah - I've noticed a few other users on here swapping out the micro-adjust onto the older PO/SM watches.

So that would require a set of end links and the adjustable clasp, or is it a complete bracelet replace?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you mean replace the bracelet or swap in a new clasp?

Probably where I'm leaning if this spring fix doesn't take.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Hi, I've owned a PO45 for a couple of years now and been my daily watch, I have not experienced any of that, my clasp and bracelet have been working just fine

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts