WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I've discovered, most 'white' dials really aren't...they're either silver-ish or a cream color. I'm looking for recommendations for dials similar in color to the white Polar Explorer II. Looking for all kinds of luxury watches other than divers. Thanks in advance. |>

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
The one I've seen that really made me think Polar Exp2 was the SBGX059. Love polar dials.

It's hard to capture the...polarness...of it though. So to some degree you're just going to have to trust me lol. Here are some I snapped:

Anyway, it does have that solid, shiny milk white look to it.

This Credor also has that look, but it's actually porcelain. Unfortunately, it's very rare and costs more than my car.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Panerai 114
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch accessory
or other panerais...113, 049, 523

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, any more?

·
Registered
813 Posts
wrestled with this for a while (price point too high for me and the EII)....
here was my solution...

·
Registered
874 Posts
A white milgauss perhaps?
+1
or a daytona, i guess daytona white is also very white...earlier models of the datejust also have pure white dial
there are several other watches...the choice is wide...narrow it down a little
otherwise recommendations such as the following one are inevitable :p
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Reactions: IGotId

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's wrong with the polar explorer II? :think:
Absolutely nothing wrong w/ the E II, I'm looking for something a bit more versatile (i.e. more "dressy")

Well, Adnan, if you're after a white dial, may I suggest this one? ;-)

View attachment 1188315
Fancy! What size is that?

A white milgauss perhaps?
Thanks but I've never been a fan of the Milgauss

+1
or a daytona, i guess daytona white is also very white...earlier models of the datejust also have pure white dial
there are several other watches...the choice is wide...narrow it down a little
otherwise recommendations such as the following one are inevitable :p
View attachment 1188457
You've nailed it! That Hublot is just what I've been looking for!

lol...narrowing it down, I guess I'm looking for a watch that's 39-41mm (possibly 42mm) & not too thick; date function, & one that's a versatile watch leaning more towards the dressier side of the spectrum. It should also be available on a bracelet. So for example I really like many of GO's offerings, however they are either the wrong shade of white (i.e. PML), too thick (again, the PML) or too large (Senator Observer)

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
About as close to the Explorer II as you can get, both in appearance and function: Omega Seamaster GMT 2538.20 (Great White), discontinued but still available used and (claimed to be) new on eBay. White dial, GMT function like the Explorer, plus a turning 24-hour bezel. Omega 1128 movement (modified chronometer grade 2892-A2 with excellent Omega GMT modification which has independent 12 hour hand like the Rolex GMT II and Explorer II). And at half the price. Great watch and a daily wearer for me.

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
A much less expensive approach with a very white enameled face would be a Ball Trainmaster Power Reserve. 41mm, 12.5mm thick with vintage numerals, blued hands and tritium markers. The Trainmaster bracelet is very nice.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts