WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I'm looking for a time reference. Radio controlled and a high accuracy quartz movement (within reason). This is merely a tool for a job- not a collector piece. Economy is a factor. I guess having a chrono function would help. Am I looking at a G-Shock or citizen? I've always beena Seiko fan boy- do they have anything decent at the low end?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Personally I went with an Oceanus OCW-T3000 and couldn't be happier. There are JDM, so you'd have to order from Japan, but I believe you can get them on amazon, so a return is no problem if you didn't like it.

·
Premium Member
JLC Reverso Duoface
6,642 Posts
Hello- I'm looking for a time reference. Radio controlled and a high accuracy quartz movement (within reason). This is merely a tool for a job- not a collector piece. Economy is a factor. I guess having a chrono function would help. Am I looking at a G-Shock or citizen? I've always beena Seiko fan boy- do they have anything decent at the low end?

Thanks!
My opinion, I hate the Casio G-Shock radio time update. For me, it's not reliable unless you leave your watch on the window sill all the time (or at least whenever you want the time to sync).

Instead, I opt for the watches with a Bluetooth connection. Not only does it work better for syncing the time in my opinion, it also allows you to set all the settings from your phone, which is so much more easy.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
My opinion, I hate the Casio G-Shock radio time update. For me, it's not reliable unless you leave your watch on the window sill all the time (or at least whenever you want the time to sync).

Instead, I opt for the watches with a Bluetooth connection. Not only does it work better for syncing the time in my opinion, it also allows you to set all the settings from your phone, which is so much more easy.
Radio time update AND Bluetooth connection; case closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm not really sure of your budget or how high it is, but from $600 - $1000 you can get a Junghans Force Mega Solar.....which is radio controlled.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My money's on the GX Shock Rangeman (green with reverse display). Has every bell and whistle except GPS. It's my wear-to-bed watch and our bed's next to the window. Wake up every morning with the icon showing. I use that watch to keep all the clocks and watches in the house ontime. I've had it over two years and no regrets at all. I think I threw $188 at it if memory serves me right.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I mean if it's just a tool watch and has to be economical, this is exactly what the G-Shock 5600 is for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts