WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Looking for recommendations for my first automatic watch.

Price: Max $600.

Style: Diver/Sports.

Feature: Open case back if possible.

Watch shortlist:
I've found all these on Jomashop for under $600 (Is Jomashop a good place to buy?)

Certina DS Podium Chronograph
Certina DS Action Diver Titanium
Hamilton Khaki King Scuba
Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba
Tissot T-Sport Seastar
Tissot PRS 516
??(links and pics not working)??

Any other recommendations that I could also look into? And what would be the best watch from my list.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None of the above. Try Steinhart, Seiko or a used Oris (Hamilton, maybe, after checking at least these three alternatives).
I'm liking the steinhart divers, it's going to be a gift for a special occasion so I would rather steer clear of used. Why none of the ones I was looking at?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I know you said no used watches. But you could get a real nice watch for that kind of money, looking through the classified section on this site. Some are even brand new, some even have never been really used, so like new condition. If you look through the listings, I bet you will find a much nicer watch for the same money, better than retail prices.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know you said no used watches. But you could get a real nice watch for that kind of money, looking through the classified section on this site. Some are even brand new, some even have never been really used, so like new condition. If you look through the listings, I bet you will find a much nicer watch for the same money, better than retail prices.
Problem is most sellers are based in the US, I'm based in Europe so taxes and shipping sky rocket the price by 20-30%

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I'm looking for a Swiss watch for now, will be buying seiko most likely after.
That's fine. It's your money. But be aware that, in the VFM stakes, it should be the other way round. I have nothing against Swiss watches, but you're paying through the nose for the 'privilege' of owning something which is not necessarily superior.

However, general rule of thumb for all watch spending: Buy the one that gives you a thrill, not the one you think, (or some folks on the internet think) you should buy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm more of a Swiss watch guy than Japanese, but will have to agree that seiko diver watch is a more solid buy in this price range. Either way good luck and enjoy your future watch that YOU pick. Watch out for biased opinions (including mine)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,867 Posts
Get Swiss if you want one I say. But I would look second hand in mint or very good condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 85 Posts