WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Long time lurker, been looking for an everyday watch that will get me through the next 5-10 years. I wear a G-Shock with t-shirts and when working out, so I'm looking for something more smart to wear with polo shirts, button-down oxfords, and the occasional suit.

I have a small wrist, so I want a case size of less than 40mm.
I prefer tabs to numbers on the face.
I'd like a durable movement. I'm a klutz and my watch will probably get dinged up.
Date window, please.
White or black face. Open to gilt hands. Bracelet preferred, but I'd like to be able to throw it on a NATO every once in a while.
Lume is prefered, but not required. I'm open to divers and chronographs, provided they fit the requirements above.

My ideal for a while was the MKII Kingston, but the price on those has become quite inflated.

Can you guys recommend watches at $500, $1000, and $2000? I'm looking at a Grand Seiko quartz at $2000, but I'm open to others as it's a touch more formal than I'm looking for.

My previous watches:
Riki Watanabe Alba AAAA101 on a black NATO strap. (37mm)

Seiko Daytona Chronograph. (39mm)

Casio G-Shock GW-M5600.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For just over 1k you can pick up a Sinn 556i on a bracelet. Never owned one personally but have only heard good things.
Thanks! I didn't know Sinn made watches that small.

Plenty of sub homages like the mk2 if you want that look?
From whom? Are they comparable in price and quality?

·
Registered
134 Posts
In the under $500 category I would look hard at the Tissot Visodate.

At 1,000 I would agree with the Sinn 556i recommendation. Great watch.

At 2,000 I would seriously consider looking at a lightly used Nomos Orion 38. Although, I personally don't think I would spend 2k on a watch I was planning to abuse.

Or for something a little different than all of the above check out the Defakto Eins Inkognito.

·
Premium Member
33,461 Posts
sinn 556I is a great watch,
+1.

But get the model with the hardened/tegimented case, otherwise they are a scratch magnet.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
While the Junghans Max Bill doesn't have a date (which is what cell phones are for), it meets your requirements in all other aspects.

35mm (wears larger due to thin bezel), very light and well built. Price: $707.

Junghans 4.JPG Junghans 2.JPG Junghans 3.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Christopher ward do a 38mm Trident. I hear good things about the quality.
Wow, that's a great price. Thanks for the recommendation!

Or for something a little different than all of the above check out the Defakto Eins Inkognito.
Man, that watch is calling to me something fierce. Know of any smaller one-hand watches?

·
Premium Member
68,144 Posts
Take a look at the Seiko SARB033/035 or the 38mm Oris Aquis. The thing you might not like about the Aquis is the use of non-standard lugs which means you can't wear it on a Nato.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While the Junghans Max Bill doesn't have a date (which is what cell phones are for), it meets your requirements in all other aspects.

35mm (wears larger due to thin bezel), very light and well built. Price: $707.

View attachment 1536887
I found out this is available in 38mm with a date window, automatic and quartz! I may have very well found my next watch...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts