WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several Seikos, and will probably buy more, but would like to acquire a very good Citizen, which will be my first of that brand. I prefer sports over dress models and like chronos over regular models. Is there one Citizen model in the category of "if you only own one, this is the one,"? Thanks for the guidance.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have you looked at the Calibre2100?
They are simply amazing. Do a little search on the net as there is 3 dial colors.
Goodluck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Not a chrono, but a somewhat dressy diver, and very inexpensive. The blue dial is hard to photograph, it really is very good looking.

Best, Mike

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Not a chrono, but a somewhat dressy diver, and very inexpensive. The blue dial is hard to photograph, it really is very good looking.

Best, Mike
Hey Mike,

Which Citizen diver is that? I really like the looks of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Oldspice,

This is the NY0040-17L, here is a (poor) lume shot. The watch is on a Watchadoo bracelet.

Best, Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will second the recommendation for the Citizen Calibre2100. I got the stainless with silver dial for christmas and love it. It is a great substantial watch - my wife even loves how it looks. It really wears a feels like a much more expensive watch (can be had at 299 online). It is very large and heavy - the Ti model not so heavy though. If this concerns you then see one in person first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like that diver a lot, especially since the datewheel on it is actually readable compared to most Citizen diver's I've run into. The second language for the days on mine is also Chinese which is very cool. Mine keeps better time than my Seiko SKX117's and it comes in a flat black face and titanium. The blue face one has stock blue straps which just look kind of weird.

*Edit

Plus it can be manually wound, which is pretty sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts