WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i stumbled on this site while trying to do some research into a watch my Mother inherited from her late Aunt.

All i know about it, is ithat it's a Record De Luxe ladies gold wristwatch, there is a mark on the clasp that says NK and what i think is the hallmark, there is also an R on the winder.

I'm asking here as there seems to be very little information on the net regarding the company or maybe even some sort of database for the Record watch co.

here is a pic to help you identify it:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1048/photo0108v.jpg

Thanks

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Record was the 'internal' brand for the US sales agent for Longines, Whittnaur. A pic of the movement (insides) would help date it. The posts in the links and articles forum (and others) at the top of the forum may help you further.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,012 Posts
Record was founded as an independent maker in 1903. They actually had their own calibres. Longines bought them up in 1961. Depending on when the watch was made exactly, it may well be an "original' Record.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Record was founded as an independent maker in 1903. They actually had their own calibres. Longines bought them up in 1961. Depending on when the watch was made exactly, it may well be an "original' Record.

Hartmut Richter
You learn something every day! ... sometimes it's just that you don't know everything you think you know :-d

Thanks for the correction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts