WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A ref G 20809 Luna Lux (61 pieces produced) just sold for 21000CHF. That's 26250CHF with the buyer's premium. Yes, a heavy gold bracelet, but a handsome price nonetheless, and I believe a record for a pre-apocalypse Primero.
And going into it, I had pegged the 12-16000CHF estimate as optimistic - shows what I know.

pic from Antiquorum

the other vintage piece, a nice but by no means stand-0ut 2 dial 146 chrono in 18 K gold made 2750 CHF - quite respectable, although not near the 2880 Euros made by the three dialer in this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/f27/record-price-cal-146-a-573201.html

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Fantastic Lou thx ! I HAD NEVER SEEN ONE OF THESE SO CLOSE ! And it is called "El Primero Luna Luxe" ! for God's sake what a name ! But would I want one ? Yes! It is your basic Zenith Espada chronograph in gold, who would not want one ?

A ref G 20809 Luna Lux (61 pieces produced) just sold for 21000CHF. That's 26250CHF with the buyer's premium. Yes, a heavy gold bracelet, but a handsome price nonetheless, and I believe a record for a pre-apocalypse Primero.
And going into it, I had pegged the 12-16000CHF estimate as optimistic - shows what I know.

pic from Antiquorum

the other vintage piece, a nice but by no means stand-0ut 2 dial 146 chrono in 18 K gold made 2750 CHF - quite respectable, although not near the 2880 Euros made by the three dialer in this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/f27/record-price-cal-146-a-573201.html

·
Registered
624 Posts
Crivens. I am begining to think that I should have paid that £3,500 for the ur-Defy in the chunky gold case a couple of years ago.

Dave

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,166 Posts
Just wait for a reference WH 40802 to come up at auction! White gold case, solid white gold bracelet, diamonds on the bezel, only 10 ever made.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
at only 11800 euro that is almost a theft then. Surely this Movado is as rare as the Zenith. The man even has movement shots. Thanks for posting Nicola grazie !

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
I would add : not only is the Movado the same watch at half the price of the Zenith, it may be in better original condition as well.
What I find strange about the "Luna Luxe" is the white day and month disks. I thought the old 3019 PHF movements had those only in a dark colour, so maybe this one got a new movement cal 410 ?
Correct me if I'm wrong. Anybody else ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts