WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Solar forever!!!!!
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Fossil solar on Mercari that the seller said had been in a drawer for 7 years. It immediately started doing the "two step" when exposed to sunlight and after 4 days straightened up and is now running at approx. -.25 spd.
Any other similar restoration tales???

·
Registered
Timex, Shinola, Movado, Elgin.
392 Posts
It's like when you see an ad that says something like "not working, needs battery" but you notice its an automatic watch. So you buy it and give it a good shake and you are off and running.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
It's like when you see an ad that says something like "not working, needs battery" but you notice its an automatic watch. So you buy it and give it a good shake and you are off and running.
Yeah, I recently had a friend who's a newby to watches express disappointment that his automatic had "stopped running" after a few days off the wrist.

Go through Amazon customer reviews of automatic watches and you often see similar.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Here's mine about an old Citizen Skyhawk.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I sent my brother a CoolFire solar watch charger (LED light thingy). He used it successfully to reanimate a dead solar Casio that had been in his drawer for 15 years.

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
As it turns out some people just don't understand or like windmills. And of course as for those villagers with their pitchforks and torches need something to pitchfork and torch
I suppose that it keeps them from chasing after me if I say something controversial about watches. 😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts