WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am working on a custom watch design and I am looking to see if any of the members can recommend a manufacture of good quality movements that will work with a designer. I will be making an order or 300 movements, a small number to some manufactures but big to me.

Any tips or advice are much appreciated.

Thank you
Andrew

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would suggest contacting Soprod. They are aiming to fill the hole that ETA is leaving behind, and they are just about the only movement maker that works with smaller orders.

Soprod Accueil

Good luck, and send me a PM when you have your design nailed down. I would like to see it, and maybe more...

·
Registered
464 Posts
You shouldn't approach manufacturers. They probably won't touch custom, for anywhere near your quantity. Look for companies that do finishing, decorating, module design. There are plenty in Switzerland.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

I am working on a custom watch design and I am looking to see if any of the members can recommend a manufacture of good quality movements that will work with a designer. I will be making an order or 300 movements, a small number to some manufactures but big to me.

Any tips or advice are much appreciated.

Thank you
Andrew

Andrew, are you looking for stock movements for cases and dials of your design or are you looking for custom movements? Maybe I'm the only one that didn't read this as you're looking for custom movements but your original post is unclear to me as to what exactly you're looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts