WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot currently afford a watch I'd really like, the JLC Reverso. They discontinued the most affordable/least expensive Reverso, the Grande Automatique. The rest of the range is significantly more expensive. I'd still like to scratch that rectangular itch!

So, I'm open to suggestions for a sophisticated rectangular watch. Mechanical, preferably swiss/european rather than Japanese, but could be convinced. No square B&R aviation styles.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Donimo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there was a "rotary reverso" some years ago, might want to check that out...
Thanks Jockinho. I had forgotten about Rotary. Nice Revelation Reverso style quartz, does flip over:

This one also caught my eye. The 400C Edition. Titanium-plated steel. Not sure how robust that would be...

Also available in rose-gold plated and plain stainless steel, with leather straps or bracelets.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks,
Donimo

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have that Rotary 400 in plain stainless steel with double-butterfly bracelet. I like it a lot - heavy, well made, and very good looking. Aside from the date at 6 being nearly impossible to see unless you bring the watch right up to your face, it's an excellent value. It's definitely a much larger and sportier piece than the Reverso or other similar styles, though.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Bit of gravedigging here, but I was in the wonder room at Selfridges in London today and was really drooling over the reverso range. Alas, the price tag was a whole different kettle of fish...

Any good tips on current options of affordable alternatives?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
If you don't need the reversible bit, there are some other rectangular watches out there. You might want to start a new thread, as people sometimes tune out old ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.