WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting around wearing a hard plastic Miami J neck collar all day long is a drag. And this is the end of week 1. Two more to go - <|<|<|. Procedure was called an "anterior cervical dissectomy and fusion" - herniated disc in neck C6-7 - so bad it was blocking 75% of my spinal cord. Have all fingers in RH partially paralyzed now, and may never get back full use of hand :-(

So, that is the really bad news.

The good news is I'm healing up at my Mom's and this is the view out her front door...makes me want to belt out with The Lovin' Spoonful "It's a beautiful morning, think I'll go outside for awhile....and smile"

The leaves are strange this year (according to some folks) but they still add up to something full of wonder and delight

Little doggies sleeping in the sun

they haven't minded moving down for a few weeks of rehab in the country

one has been on the couch

as we cheer on out favorite team
GO RED SOX!

Someone wanted to see some pix of polished ti -- OK - here they are, but my new neurological situation means my pix ain't quite as sharp as they used to be - can barely hold the camera any more - so I will have to ge a very light weight tripod to help out in the future. :-| pain in the butt... Enjoy b-)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Liz . . .

Great photographs as always ma'am. So where on the 'East Coast' in the 'country' is your Mom's place? The front of the place looks like MD/VA but I'm not sure the leaves that far south have turned yet.

Hope the healing process goes well and that each new day you'll be feeling better.

Regards From Colorado,

Tony

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Continue to get better liz, your pictures are beautiful as always.

I am guessing you are in Maryland? I know our leaves are just barely starting to change, but just a little further north (Fredericksburg maybe?) should be some great change already.

Am heading to Pittsburgh this weekend, looking forward to a picturesque drive.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
:thanks Liz! I asked for the pictures. I hope all goes well and you are back to 100% soon. It looks beautiful there. A nice place to relax and get well. Please do so. Give the puppies some love from a fellow dog lover.

I been going crazy over what Kobold to buy. I've been looking for quality pictures of Kobolds to help me decide. Your watch is very cool!:p I love the red second hand. I had a SOA but decided that I needed to double my investment one day (now regret it) & sold it. I just purchased one of the Sopranos Ti Soarway Divers. I should have it Thursday unless this guy tries to rip me off. The one I won on eBay a week or so ago decided to back peddle on the deal. This new deal looks like it will happen. I even have a tracking number.:-! I'll post photos when it arrives.
I'm now looking at replacing the SOA if I find the right deal. I also have the hots for the PVD's. :p. I really want a SMG PVD but $5200. Thanks again, Troy Chronometer

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Beautiful pictures! I wish you the best in your recuperation--it sure would help if the Red Sox could win a few games early, wouldn't it? :-!

Best wishes,
Daniel

·
Banned
675 Posts
best wishes for a speedy recovery--although i am a baseball fan from cleveland--i always stick with the american league in the series--go sox
john

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi friends out there -

:thanks for all the well wishes. Recuperation is going well. Today is first day of a long walk (2+ miles) and no narcotics. I've been walking every day - that is the main post-op therapy. I might be able to make it, the walk is over, lunch was good, I know a nap is calling, but may have to have one small dose later this afternoon. It's chilly and damp here, not far from Fenway - so my weather is their weather. Dampness tends to make any ortho problem ache.
"Here" is on the coast of Connecticut, and Mom's is about 15 miles inland. Fall color is still happening as we had an unusually warm, dry early fall. I actually live in another town right on the water about 25 miles from here, also in CT. We just don't have this country feeling where I live - fewer open fields, and fewer maples - and way fewer cows :)

Hey - those Red Sox were pretty impressive. |> I went to bed after the 35 minute fifth inning rout when the score was 13-1. Felt it was safe to sleep.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Glad to hear you are doing well, and that you made it through the 5th (when it was safe to call it a night).

Just for kicks, here's a reminder of '04 :-!

Hope tonight goes as well!

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I wish you the very best - and quickest - recovery. Over the last 4 years my wife has had 5 spinal surgeries including a 2-stage fusion. That's an operation I wouldn't wish on someone unless I truly hated them. She spent 8 weeks wearing a "turtle shell" and using a walker, so I can really related to what you are going through. Take care.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow, Liz! That's no small procedure. I do hope all goes well for a quick and relatively pain-free recovery. You are in the thoughts & prayers of all of your fellow Koboldians. Forgive me if I missed this detail, but what caused the initial injury?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Liz,

sorry to hear that you have right hand partial paralysis. Has the neurosurg given you any idea of the chances of your recuperating normal function?
Prayers for your quick and complete recovery.
As a Yankee fan, can't well wish the Sox, but I hope you enjoy the series.
Get well soon!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again guys for all the well wishes and prayers. I'm feeling better, and to those who wonder about the initail injury...it was either a car accidnet I was involved in last Dec when a real estate agent, racing around in my neighborhood, failed to honor a stop sign and T-boned the Tacoma with such force it spun in a 180 and left half of her VW bug on the street. Best part was ehnshe told the cop that she'd hit me froma total stop...or my disc problem is just degenerative disc disease, which can really be exacerbated by an initail injury. Good news is: I was back out walking today with an old friend from my town who came down to visit and that was a definite PLUS. We also engaged in some mild "retail therapy" down in Guilford center around a beautiful town green.

Now I'll rest up --- and get ready for Game III. :-!

Have a great weekend -and hope Jeff and Hilltopper and Dad make a great "hit" at Kobold over the weekend.

Cheers !!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Re: Recuperating....

i got a mri yesterday,

sorry but i'm typing this with one hand,

and was told i've blown out part of a reptured disk in my lower back...... very intense pain from there and down my right leg.

surgery likely next week.

anyway hope your recovery goes well.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, that is not good news for you. :-(

But the good news is that something will be done for you, and soon. Ask for the pain meds you need to stay comfortable until your surgery.

Is the disfunction in your hand related to the ruptured disc? :-s

I'm still....and maybe forever....disabled at this point. Hope the PT changes that.

Hope all goes well with your surgery. You're in my prayers,

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
At one point in this group we were discussing a Seal to hot woman phenominon, which sadly has not occurred for me yet.

Is there a Kobold to physical injury/surgery trend that we should keep our heads out for?:roll::-x

Just kidding, good luck with the continued rehab and surgery if necessary. And make sure you have someone strap on the right watch when it is over to help you keep a good eye on the passing time.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
At one point in this group we were discussing a Seal to hot woman phenominon, which sadly has not occurred for me yet.

Is there a Kobold to physical injury/surgery trend that we should keep our heads out for?:roll::-x

Just kidding, good luck with the continued rehab and surgery if necessary. And make sure you have someone strap on the right watch when it is over to help you keep a good eye on the passing time.
Sorry but that post seems a little rude?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Don't take it too seriously....those involved in the discussion earlier didn't

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Thanks for linking that up Obie. What a good laugh.

Chrono, et. al. Did not mean to offend with comment if that was result. My comment was said in the spirit of aforementioned other thread.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts