WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my MO was held up at customs for 2 days but i received mine's yesterday morning. beautiful watch!

two questions:

1) what is the power reserve on the watch if the movement is fully wound?

2) how many turns of the crown does it take to fully wind the watch if it has fully stopped?

i wound my up yesterday after i took it out of the box and wound it about 11-12 turns because i was feeling some resistance after that. the watch ran for just over 12 hrs and stopped.

i wound it again last night around 1am and took it a little further, about 18-19 turns of the crown before the resistance was really strong and i didn't want to chance breaking anything.

i'll see how long it runs now but i was wondering what other MO owners were experiencing?? less than 20 turns seems a bit low...

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I have an Eberhard Traversetolo with the Unitas 6498 and wind it until the crown fully stops. It takes more than 19 turns to get full power reserve. There should be around a 38 to 40 hour power reserve for the Unitas movement.

Just keep turning until you feel the crown stop.

I wind mine on a daily basis around the same time every morning. That gives it maximum power reserve and accuracy. I always wind it until the crown stops turning.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
my MO was held up at customs for 2 days but i received mine's yesterday morning. beautiful watch!

two questions:

1) what is the power reserve on the watch if the movement is fully wound?

2) how many turns of the crown does it take to fully wind the watch if it has fully stopped?

i wound my up yesterday after i took it out of the box and wound it about 11-12 turns because i was feeling some resistance after that. the watch ran for just over 12 hrs and stopped.

i wound it again last night around 1am and took it a little further, about 18-19 turns of the crown before the resistance was really strong and i didn't want to chance breaking anything.

i'll see how long it runs now but i was wondering what other MO owners were experiencing?? less than 20 turns seems a bit low...
I noticed the resistance on the MO while winding is more than some of the other Unitas watches I have owned. In any case you should be able to wind that baby until it hits a dead stop.....You would need to really force it once you hit that point to do any damage. A full wind should last roughly 48 hours...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, guys. :)

it's a little reassuring to know that i can wind this up much more. after i got to 20 turns last night, it felt like the crown was attached to a stiff rubber band and i was afraid of putting any additional winding force on each turn.

I noticed the resistance on the MO while winding is more than some of the other Unitas watches I have owned. In any case you should be able to wind that baby until it hits a dead stop.....You would need to really force it once you hit that point to do any damage. A full wind should last roughly 48 hours...

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I never count, just go by feel. I like to stop short of the dead stop. I also give a little backwards turn every once in a while to keep the oil evenly distributed. Don't know if that is something that actually works or not but I read about it somewhere and I figure it can't hurt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts