WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
mine came back with blue dot and after 1 year its still there. And my speedy after 10 months the red dot is still on. I am not as sweaty as others or could be just cold in this country

·
Registered
123 Posts
So if the red or blue dot came off, and the watch was still within the warranty window, does this void the warranty (as there's no longer proof that you didn't try to open it yourself) or can you still send it in for repairs under warranty?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It doesn't matter one bit, as long as you've got a stamped and dated warranty card, you're ok. I've never heard of Omega refusing to repair a watch under warranty just because the caseback dot/seal isn't present. I think there's too much made of this paint dot thing sometimes...

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
mine came back with blue dot and after 1 year its still there. And my speedy after 10 months the red dot is still on. I am not as sweaty as others or could be just cold in this country
Me thinks due to your comparative geographical location, just cold... ;-)

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
It doesn't matter one bit, as long as you've got a stamped and dated warranty card, you're ok. I've never heard of Omega refusing to repair a watch under warranty just because the caseback dot/seal isn't present. I think there's too much made of this paint dot thing sometimes...
I don't know about that..

I heard about a guy who had a movement issue but had lost his dot. He called Omega and told them that his dot had been misplaced, and they replied that he'd better at the very least locate his dot and send it in with the watch for analysis so they could determine whether it had fallen off of natural cause, or due to tampering. They told him that after analysis, they would send the results to WHAT (Waranty Hearings Attestation Tribunal) to determine whether his repair was still covered. He was nervous to say the least, and in a fit of panic he tried to forge the dot using some Testors model paint, then sent his watch in thinking he'd fool Omega. Needless to say, the crew at OFF (Omega Forensic Findings) was on to him right away after comparing the Pantone colour of his fraudulent dot to their specially formulated Omega proprietary dot material. No one's sure where he is now, and all that was left at his apartment upon his disappearance, right beside his empty watchwinder, was his Omega pictograms and waranty card...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't know about that..

I heard about a guy who had a movement issue but had lost his dot. He called Omega and told them that his dot had been misplaced, and they replied that he'd better at the very least locate his dot and send it in with the watch for analysis so they could determine whether it had fallen off of natural cause, or due to tampering. They told him that after analysis, they would send the results to WHAT (Waranty Hearings Attestation Tribunal) to determine whether his repair was still covered. He was nervous to say the least, and in a fit of panic he tried to forge the dot using some Testors model paint, then sent his watch in thinking he'd fool Omega. Needless to say, the crew at OFF (Omega Forensic Findings) was on to him right away after comparing the Pantone colour of his fraudulent dot to their specially formulated Omega proprietary dot material. No one's sure where he is now, and all that was left at his apartment upon his disappearance, right beside his empty watchwinder, was his Omega pictograms and waranty card...
...and a small red dot on the seat of his favourite chair... :think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts