WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just wanted to express my appreciation for RedRock Straps. The craftsman, Dan Barr, produced an awesome canvas strap (I can't speak for others, my only experience is with Canvas). I asked some simple questions and he responded with paragraphs and paragraphs of detail. To me that shows a lot of commitment to the craft. I don't know how long he has been doing this, and maybe he is already a known strap maker, but as soon as I received this strap I ordered 2 more.

My first purchase was black canvas with med blue thread for a Borealis Cascais diver. The strap is SUPER sturdy (to the point where I am manipulating it to loosen it up a bit). The strap length and position of holes were perfect. It is among the most comfortable straps I have worn. Just giving a shout out. Don't know if he is on WUS, but I found him on Etsy.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, that is one of the reasons I went there. Leather for me always gets to be nasty after about a year of constant use. This is two canvas layers glued and stitched together. Should be water proof (though this one has linen thread, the two I just ordered will have synthetic waterproof thread).

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Hi all,

I just wanted to express my appreciation for RedRock Straps. The craftsman, Dan Barr, produced an awesome canvas strap (I can't speak for others, my only experience is with Canvas). I asked some simple questions and he responded with paragraphs and paragraphs of detail. To me that shows a lot of commitment to the craft. I don't know how long he has been doing this, and maybe he is already a known strap maker, but as soon as I received this strap I ordered 2 more.
Hi there,

I say thank you, Sir! b-)|>

I was looking for a nice canvas for my A-13A pilot some weeks ago and also searched on WUS here and your thread was one of the very few, that mentioned Dan Barr and redrockstraps. Then I contacted him and as you said, he answered so totally dedicated. It was just overwhelming and buying from him was something else. The man absolutely deserve more publicity!

There's another thread right now on WUS where happy customers of redrockstraps are sharing their experience and have shown pictures: Canvas Strap Sellers for Vintage Pilot Watch

So, thank you again and please allow me to share some pictures of the two straps I have just received from Dan also here. They are from the same vintage bag, but from different sections and the stitching is different:

redrockstraps_A-13A_3110_w.jpg

redrockstraps_A-13A_3043.jpg

redrockstraps_A-13A_3033.jpg

redrockstraps_A-13A_3113.jpg

·
Registered
461 Posts
These straps look great!

I just placed an order based on your photos and recommendations. "Espresso" brown canvas strap with Ivory stitching and the thumbnail buckle in 22mm. I'm intending to pair it with my Hamilton Navy Pioneer.

If I like it, I might consider a blue canvas strap also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Another happy customer and a big shoutout to Dan! Very easy and detailed communication, quick turnaround time and great quality work! :-!
I've had mine for 3 months now, and still very satisfied. |>

Here's Vintage olive on the turtle..
IMG_4439 - Copy Turtle RSS Canvas WUS.jpg

and Charcoal grey on the shogun..
IMG_4404 - Copy - Copy Shogun RSS Canvas WUS.jpg

Already in discussion with Dan for another order.. Not liking this thread very much, because now he's fully occupied by you guys, gahhh!! :think: o| hahaha! ;-)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I strongly condemn Dan Barr from redrockstraps for running me into serious trouble: There was a time when I was basically through with my small collection of watches. I had found some peace of mind. But no longer!
Now that I have received his beautiful straps for a watch I find myself looking for watches for his straps. 😜

redrockstraps_A-13A_3143.jpg

Cheers
Bernd

1 - 20 of 404 Posts