WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to refinish a new Amphibian 090 to a fine satin finish (not brushed etc.) My thinking is that it would be quicker to get unifomity to start with a polished case and bring it down instead of going from the matte to satin. Any one done this enough to have an informed opinon? I've done a bit of metal work so I would probably just hit it with 400-1200 grade paper, followed by a light compond. Other suggestions are most welcomed.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I got a really nice matte finish on a 110 case by soda blasting it. I used a cheap paint spray gun and baking soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
Someone should do a stonewashed finish. They do this for some knives. It's basically just tumbling the object in a bunch of ceramics or some kind of abrasive. The good part of the finish is that scratches blend into the finish.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. You mean like a gravity fed cup gun? I suppose one of those cheap Harbour Freight sandblasters would work also. Though one would have to rig up a box etc. I'm really going more for a satin finish for this, my first one. I plan on doing some more as I get into it. Already caught the bug... I've been lurking on this forum a looong time. I know ThePossumKing has done alot of mods (very nice ones at that!) so I look forward to your advice from time-to-time. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts