WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my DK105 for two years now and like it very much, save for one shortcoming. I find the crystal to be too reflective. Probably because it only has AR on one side. I have a hard time photographing it. I know Mike S’s photos of his are flawless, but his photo skills are orders of magnitude above mine.

Do any of the discerning owners of the DK101/105 (or predecessors) feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I'm very new to the DK105 game, but my photos are mediocre (at best) unless I process them a bit. Once I do that, they're better. Nothing like Mike's, but decent.
Watch Analog watch Clock Finger Everyday carry

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Looks great. Thanks.
Processing - beyond my skill set.
When I say process, I mean hit a button or two on my iPhone. Nothing more than that, trust me.

• Haha
Reactions: Igorek and Cahanc

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I received my dk105 just yesterday. Black dial and indeed pretty reflective. It’s ok, still is a cool semi dressed daily wear watch. And such a gorgeous movement.
Apparently Damasko (hopefully only temporarily) has stopped making them - they are not on the website anymore , yet they built a last few for dealers.

Congrats! I have the blue 105 and love it.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received my dk105 just yesterday. Black dial and indeed pretty reflective. It’s ok, still is a cool semi dressed daily wear watch. And such a gorgeous movement.
Apparently Damasko (hopefully only temporarily) has stopped making them - they are not on the website anymore , yet they built a last few for dealers.

Good looking watch, MrDagon007!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Long time lurker 1st post!, Discovered this forward thinking German watch maker in Singapore many years ago, on to my 3rd piece and the DK 105 is my most worn timepiece in my 6 watch collection.
Just a stunning time piece with technology to match....
Welcome! It took me awhile before I discovered Damasko but when I finally did I was delighted to find a brand that married technology, design and wearability into a beautiful line of watches!

·
Vendor
SÖNER - Square watches (Tank)
676 Posts
I have had my DK105 for two years now and like it very much, save for one shortcoming. I find the crystal to be too reflective. Probably because it only has AR on one side. I have a hard time photographing it. I know Mike S’s photos of his are flawless, but his photo skills are orders of magnitude above mine.

Do any of the discerning owners of the DK101/105 (or predecessors) feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know the Antireflective spec? How many layers, color and out/inside?

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Is the stitching black or blue? That strap is beautiful on the DK105. You need to do another SOMDC - State of Mike's Damasko Collection. Great pics, what camera and equipment do you use?

Thanks
I'll second the call for a picture-heavy thread about @StufflerMike's Damasko collection.

·
Moderator Emeritus
57,618 Posts
Is the stitching black or blue? That strap is beautiful on the DK105. You need to do another SOMDC - State of Mike's Damasko Collection. Great pics, what camera and equipment do you use?

Thanks
Stichting is navy blue. Almost no equipment but a Havox 40x40 lightbox. Occasionally using a Rollei Lumen Pocket LED when I need better illumination, especially on fairs (the lighting on some is just a mess). Lumix DMC-L10 with Vario Elmar 1:38 -5.5 by Leica for outdoor pics and Lumix DMC-FZ1000 with DC Vario Elmarit 1:2.8-4.0 with B+W UV-Haze lens for indoor shots (fairs etc, lightbox pics). SOMDC will follow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts