Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, need some advise here

I bought a watch through e bay for the first time about a month ago. Have not received it. So I filed a complaint and get refunded. Afterthat, I just check and tracks the shipment again. It shows that now the package is with customs.

My question is, IF the package arrive, do I have to inform the seller n how to pay back? I know that I can act dumb but, I feel it doesn't right.

Thanks
Tet

·
Registered
17,054 Posts

I bought a watch through e bay for the first time about a month ago. Have not received it. So I filed a complaint and get refunded. Afterthat, I just check and tracks the shipment again. It shows that now the package is with customs.

My question is, IF the package arrive, do I have to inform the seller n how to pay back? I know that I can act dumb but, I feel it doesn't right.

Thanks
Tet
May as well wait until it arrives and pay them again via PayPal.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
If you're able to track it, then the seller will be able to as well.
Even if that were not the case, the right thing to do would be to pay for the things you want to buy.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

Thanks
Tet
Your asking us to advise you whether you should deliberately defraud the seller.

Of course you shouldn't if you do so you are committing fraud.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course I don't want to fraud anybody. That's why I'm asking how to pay it back? It was my first time buying from ebay. If buy from here, it shouldn't be any problem.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Of course I don't want to fraud anybody. That's why I'm asking how to pay it back? It was my first time buying from ebay. If buy from here, it shouldn't be any problem.
Contact the seller and contact Paypal.

Explain what has happened and they will tell you how to proceed and what to do next.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
You can refund the seller via Paypal account. Go onto the website and you'll see a tab that states "refund seller". Pretty simple and straightforward.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thanks guys.

I'll wait to the watch arrived first. It it does, then refund the seller.

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Interesting. Where's the seller at in all this, they must have been in the loop on the refund? Any contact from their side?

·
Registered
13,992 Posts
Turning to an internet forum to see if you should do the right thing, or be a lying scumbag? Every time I think it I've seen it all on WUS something else comes along and surprises me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Interesting. Where's the seller at in all this, they must have been in the loop on the refund? Any contact from their side?
In my experience, it doesn't matter. If the watch misses it's expected delivery date by any appreciable amount of time, eBay will refund the buyer, even if tracking shows shipped and in customs and such. Nothing the seller can do except hope they can get payment on after delivery.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
In my experience, it doesn't matter. If the watch misses it's expected delivery date by any appreciable amount of time, eBay will refund the buyer, even if tracking shows shipped and in customs and such. Nothing the seller can do except hope they can get payment on after delivery.
Seriously? It sucks to be a seller on eBay...

Sent from my Hongmi

·
Registered
626 Posts
Seriously? It sucks to be a seller on eBay...

Sent from my Hongmi
It does; I wish that were the most annoying part. I don't think any seller actually likes eBay. You go there because it's where the customers are, but between the high fees, buggy, outdated selling forms, and dispute resolution process that always favors the buyer, it's not a very pleasant place to do business.
(Granted, it's still less frustrating then dealing with unfiltered humanity on Craigslist though…)

Their return policy also seems to be "returns allowed for any reason whatsoever" even if the seller specifies no returns. Their "official" policy is that if the seller doesn't offer returns, you can only return the item for a refund if it's not as described when you receive it (which is entirely reasonable.) My experience has been that they will pretty much never refuse a buyer's request to return an item for any reason, even if they just something like "I didn't like it as much as I thought I would." Again, you as the seller have no say in this. The buyer contacts you, demands to return it, you refuse because they don't have a good reason, they escalate to eBay, eBay refunds them. Good times.

I one time had a buyer complain that a case I sold was "black" instead of "blue" as they were expecting. Keep in mind, the very first word in the listing title was "black" and I had numerous photos of the case showing it not being remotely blue. Didn't matter – eBay demanded I refund the buyer. He turned out to be a scammer trying to get me to give him a large "partial" refund so he could resell the item for a profit, and never did return the item when he was offered only a full refund after return, so it actually worked out OK for me in the end, but left a bitter taste.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
On a wider note this is why so many US sellers here and eBay will only sell to the US, often the long transit times or customs delays get close to the Paypal deadlines and people file cases, they get there money back and often when the item is delivered they never get paid back.

Reactions: Cannonball

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
More interesting, thx. But as the seller, would I know the money has been refunded, especially when it gets done, like a debit to my paypal account (assuming that was the payment mode) ? And, if so, I think I might contact the buyer for a "what's up?" at minimum . . . I guess my main confusion is: wouldn't the seller already be in contact with the buyer, giving OP an answer to at least part of his question?

·
Registered
626 Posts
More interesting, thx. But as the seller, would I know the money has been refunded, especially when it gets done, like a debit to my paypal account (assuming that was the payment mode) ? And, if so, I think I might contact the buyer for a "what's up?" at minimum . . . I guess my main confusion is: wouldn't the seller already be in contact with the buyer, giving OP an answer to at least part of his question?
Yeah, you always contact the seller first, using their complaint process, which is basically just eBay messages that are easier eBay Support to access than the regular private messages. Either you or the buyer can "escalate to eBay at any time if you can't work it out, at which point eBay will make the final decision. Either way, you see the decision and the money comes out of your PayPal account.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Turning to an internet forum to see if you should do the right thing, or be a lying scumbag? Every time I think it I've seen it all on WUS something else comes along and surprises me.
It's happen to you bcause u think too much about bad thing people can do than what good thing people usually do. My sifu always said u think people will do it because u did it before. For eg; u think ur workers take bribe. U think about it because u urself take bribe.

If u really read my first post, i did ask how to pay back the seller if the watch really arrived. No need for me to ask here if I already know how to handle this. Most here are giving good advise but some only think about -ve side of others...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.