WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I stumbled upon the 25th anniversary G-Shocks recently while browsing on the internet and that got me quite hooked onto these watches and I discovered this forum which is great. Cheers to you!

After the 25th anniversary watches the red backlight numbers on the black/red DW-5600CL caught my eye. My question is: what's the difference between the references:

DW-5600CL-1JR: first japanese release?
DW-5600CL-1DR: second international/usa release?
DW-5600CL-1ER: european release?

These are just guesses as I am a total newbie to casio watch collecting.
Am I right? Are there technical differences between them? Also, I'm curious about something else . Do collectors always prefer the JR (if I am correct and that is indeed the first japanese release)? :think:

Thanks in advance for your reply! ;-)

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have fun and keep posting. :-!

Actually it's the very same watch. For marketing purposes, there are regional clasiifications, which code letters translate exactly as you did.

The "1" is not for the number of editions, but for the color of the watch, which in the case of the DW5600CL is black.

DW5600CL-1JR C-Spec (which I love): :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Do you have a gothic Crown Victoria, or does the name mean something else entirely?? I don't mean to pry, but that's something I'd like to see!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hey, Vintage, I know the straps on these are a mesh/leather combo. Do they have a watch out there with colors in the straps? I seem to remember some 7700's with like a green, maybe a gray? I'd really like to find a red.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, sorry to dissapoint you David, I am not the proud owner of a good Gothic Crown Victoria. I would be if I were richer. But being things as they are the only coins I invest in (well, 'hedge in') are modern bullion coins.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A couple of images I stole from the web. The first one is a DW-5600CL, the second one is a rather similar DW-5600B-1AV. Which one would you prefer? (I prefer the CL because of the red border and the red G-SHOCK characters) Any technical advantage to any of them? Are there other similar black/red 5600s?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
As far as I know, there are 3 (?) models that are with red backlight:

dw-5600cl-1 (C spec)
dw-5600b-1 (M spec)
dw-5600re-1 (real black red eye)

I have the dw-5600cl-1 and dw-5600b-1. however I can't at the moment comment on the b-1 as it is still in London, while I am in Taiwan. As for the dw-5600cl-1, I love the watch. I like the red backlight and also the leather strap. The strap can be removed from the watch as it is looped thru the end fittings.

Use the following link to see the watches that you want:

http://product-search.casio.jp/wat/g-shock/history.php

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,284 Posts
I own both models, the CL and the B.
I prefer the CL version because the watch looks more integrated to the strap the on the B version.
The B looks like sitting on top of the stap, the lugs are not covered by the strap. :(
I exchanged the B strap on my 5600B

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,284 Posts
Sorry, dont know the part no. :(
Its the strap for the 5600E, the standard resin stuff.
The result is like seen on the photos from GeeBeeCee.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
A couple of images I stole from the web. The first one is a DW-5600CL, the second one is a rather similar DW-5600B-1AV. Which one would you prefer? (I prefer the CL because of the red border and the red G-SHOCK characters) Any technical advantage to any of them? Are there other similar black/red 5600s?
Though it's not a reverse/negative display, the DW-5600EB has lots of red accents on the face (borrowed pic from the web that shows it on a regular resin band, not the original resin/cloth) :

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nope, sorry to dissapoint you David, I am not the proud owner of a good Gothic Crown Victoria. I would be if I were richer. But being things as they are the only coins I invest in (well, 'hedge in') are modern bullion coins.
I had no idea it was a coin. I was imagining an ex-US police car, painted black with chrome wheels and a skull gear-knob :-d

1 - 20 of 20 Posts