WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reggie was the punter (American-NFL football) for the Miami Dolphins in the 80s and 90s. He set all kinds of records during his career. Sadly he died in 2005. One of the more unusual habits he had was wearing a sports watch while playing to give him good luck. Does anyone know what kind of watch he wore? I vaguely recall it being black resin and very casio-like.

Anyone know?:think:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow..! I am shocked someone actually remembered that.. I am a life long, die hard Dolphins fan!! I have season ticks. Although this is turning out to be a yr to forget. To answer your question. He wore a variety of Timex's. He actually used to keep track of his own "hang time" during kicks, more over punts. I remember him doing a few commercials for Timex actually during the mid 80's. Hope this helps you out a little.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I remember him clearly. Next to Ray Guy he was one of the best punters the NFL has ever seen.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aah... timex cool :thanks.

I'm a 49er fan so I also feel your pain.:-(. I guess its Karma. We're paying for all the fun we had in the Shula-Walsh era. Incidently the 9ers best player this year, and I think their only pro-bowler is Andy Lee, their punter. :-!...... wait a minute......:-:)-:)-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts