WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some rather decent flatware and china and while it was substantially cheaper than the PO I still feel odd about the purchase.

I also bought towels.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
It was the towels, Dalton. Nothing screams 'buyer's remorse' like a china/towel combo. Go easy on yourself, soldier. It'll pass. See you on the other side.
Good luck.

teeritz

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Thats not even funny........

You should be put on the gallows and hung, then shot to make sure.
We must weed these infidels out.
jim

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I'm at work, a little tired (but nothing some coffee from a press can't fix) as I was up till 0230hrs hunting for my Speedmaster, or Railmaster...haven't quite decided yet.

Thanks for your support guys.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I bought some rather decent flatware and china and while it was substantially cheaper than the PO I still feel odd about the purchase.

I also bought towels.
There had to be a woman involved with this buying debacle somewhere. It reeks of practicality and common sense.:think: Not something most of us men are accustomed too!;-)

David

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She has input and subtle suggestions which I take into account immediately and ignore/forget shortly thereafter. I love her to death, but when she moves in / we get married then I'll have to take her requests more seriously. In the meantime I'm furnishing and decorating my condo in Vancouver mostly as I please. It had just completed, and I took possession at the end of November. I'm painting it with colours that are classic and traditional. Nothing too bright, nothing too funky.

...I suppose I should mention that I bought a 46" Samsung LCD yesterday and a blue ray disc player.

I feel better now. Though, I considered using that money for another watch.

Sick.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
She has input and subtle suggestions which I take into account immediately and ignore/forget shortly thereafter. I love her to death, but when she moves in / we get married then I'll have to take her requests more seriously.
Yes, the amount of due diligence that she will expect will certainly rise to a level far above "account immediately and ignore/forget shortly thereafter."

In the meantime I'm furnishing and decorating my condo in Vancouver mostly as I please. It had just completed, and I took possession at the end of November. I'm painting it with colours that are classic and traditional. Nothing too bright, nothing too funky.
Nothing too bright, nothing too funky...which means nothing you're too attached to because someone might want to change it soon, right?

...I suppose I should mention that I bought a 46" Samsung LCD yesterday and a blue ray disc player.

I feel better now. Though, I considered using that money for another watch.

Sick.
Well, your big LCD TV and BlueRay player should help ease the transition. Some 46" color NFL & beer or a few Schwarzenegger/John Woo films with some good scotch and a cigar or two...you'll be fine. :-!

Yeah, the watch would make YOU happier now. The flatware, china & towel combo is an investment in keeping her happy in the near-term...assuming she had input on the china patterns, etc; if not, you'll have to re-live this painful housewares shopping ordeal.

DJ

“In marriage, as in war, it is permitted to take every advantage of the enemy.”

“Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.”

1 - 12 of 12 Posts