WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a phone app to help me regulate an Amphibian. But the lever is so stiff that I overshoot the mark every time. I use a toothpick and bounce from -20 to +25. I can see where I want to be, but I can't get there.

Is there some better tool to adjust it in smaller increments? Maybe I am just too fumbly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been using a phone app to help me regulate an Amphibian. But the lever is so stiff that I overshoot the mark every time. I use a toothpick and bounce from -20 to +25. I can see where I want to be, but I can't get there.

Is there some better tool to adjust it in smaller increments? Maybe I am just too fumbly.
I use the small end of a nice heavy long spring bar tool. The slight indent helps me gently engage the lever. The length (5.2") and weight of the tool makes control of minute (pun intended) adjustments easier. You need to make sure it is not magnetized! Magnetizing your hair spring is a very bad thing.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Sometimes when you see that you moved the regular means you moved it too much. Just ‘touching’ it with enough pressure moves it a tiny bit and that is what you need. Also, instead of applying the force horizontally, you put the toothpick vertically (at an angle of approximately 75 degrees) next to tye lever and then move the toothpick to the 90 degrees. Hard to explain. Think of a shoveling. The toothpick will act as a lever itself: the outer end of it that you hold will move a lot but the end that rests on the balance bridge next to the regulator will only move a tiny bit and will push the regulator just a bit. I hope this helps

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sometimes when you see that you moved the regular means you moved it too much. Just ‘touching’ it with enough pressure moves it a tiny bit and that is what you need. Also, instead of applying the force horizontally, you put the toothpick vertically (at an angle of approximately 75 degrees) next to tye lever and then move the toothpick to the 90 degrees. Hard to explain. Think of a shoveling. Tye toothpick will act as a lever itself: the outer end of it that you hold will move a lot put the end that rests on the balance bridge next to the regulator will only move a tiny bit and will push the regulator just a bit. I hope this helps
Great tip! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts