WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a regulator in their daily rotation ? I'm smitten with Dornbluth's newer model but I'm not sure how how practical it would be.Especially with the eyes starting to go.haha
Maybe hold off until I retire and time at a glance is not so important?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have these two. Chronoswiss was the first manufacturer of a regulator style wristwatch and this particular one was my ‘first’ watch. I find them both easy to read though admittedly the Chronoswiss isn’t quite as easy as the Louis Erard.

I have a Dornblueth 99.1 and can vouch for the quality and customer service. I’d have their Regulator if I hadn’t already got two others.

D92AA1A1-AD9E-444D-A5EE-9231BA24D1FC.jpeg

71565D47-A3CF-4469-9F0F-4F5391194371.jpeg

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I had one from Alpina for a bit and Oris as well but they were just too hard for me to mentally read too quickly so I gave up.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I recently picked up a regulator from ML Masterpiece. Really like the look, but this thing is tough to read. Not only is it a regulator, but it has a 24 hour dial for the hours.

That Chronoswiss regulator is a beauty, but the Erard looks to be a lot more user friendly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have an Oris, its easy to read in the day time but a pain in the arse at night, so its definitely a day watch for me.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I have seven regulators in rotation. I happen to be wearing one of them today: a Glycine F104 .

The rest are typical (albeit 24-hour) regulators like this IMME Octo and less confusing than the F104 with its big hour hand.

·
Registered
15,107 Posts
Love Dornbluëth smaller/newer Regulator, not for everybody but cool layout imo, wears large though even shrunk down a bit from his older offering . . .

·
Premium Member
7,394 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,804 Posts
I do and have no trouble at all reading it. 24 hour watches are a totally different kettle of fish and were put on this Earth to confuse me.

·
Registered
30,561 Posts
I have owned a few throughout the years. I go in phases, and when in "Regulator" mode, they can be very appealing to me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Shorokhoff is actually the one I have my eye on.A much more economical jump into the world of regulators than the DDB.And a pretty fine looking piece as well.
I own an Alexander Shorokhoff Regulator. It really doesn't take that long to adapt to telling time with them.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Would you care to share a wrist shot of your Shorokhoff ?
Here's my thread I posted when I got the watch, it has several photos and some info...

I recommend the watch if you can find one. While not in the same league as a Dornbluth mechanically, it's a great watch in its own right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts